Windows 10: Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I've got a bunch of Dell OEM keys which I'm trying to use in some Dell OEM laptops. However, although having a Windows 8.1/10 sticker they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/en3o, Jan 9, 2020.

1. /u/en3o Win User

Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues

Hey,

I've got a bunch of Dell OEM keys which I'm trying to use in some Dell OEM laptops.

However, although having a Windows 8.1/10 sticker they are not activating.

They also appear to have an Windows 7 default key embedded into the BIOS, which I believe is causing the activation issues with windows 10 running on the laptop .

Has anyone came across something like this before?

The OEM keys are genuine and provided by Dell engineer, when performing mother board replacements.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/en3o
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/en3o, Jan 9, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jan 9, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues - Similar Threads - Dell OEM Key

2. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  3. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  4. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  6. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  7. OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines

OEM key activation on Windows 10 machines: Hi ! I am to buy a Windows 10 license, but I am not sure if I should buy the retail OEM key or not. Because Microsoft stated OEM keys are non-transferrable; but I am more concerned when I have to changed my motherboard. My PC is currently 8 years old, and if the motherboard...
  8. Window 10 OEM activation issues.

Window 10 OEM activation issues.: Hello everyone! so, i have a laptop that come with a pre-installed window 10. yesterday, my brother suddenly change my activation code with the generic code that he got from the internet. Note: my pre-installed one is window home while the generic product key is the window...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM

Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM: Hello, I have trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop Schenker Via 15: https://www.schenker-tech.de/en/schenker-via-15-en I have an OEM product key which I purchased from Playasia. Before asking my question here, I tried to fix this issue on my own searching the...
  10. Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?

Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?: Hi all! I would like to ask you about Windows 10 OEM key. Is it possible to buy this key online and use it only after 3 or 4 months later? Hopefully noone will cancel it if i don't use it imediately. Thank you for your answer! Andris...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell windows oem key cannot activate