Windows 10: Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only

Discus and support Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My display is shutting off all the time for no reason. If im in a chat app, it wont shut off and its perfectly fine, then i go on american truck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanBrown7, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only

My display is shutting off all the time for no reason. If im in a chat app, it wont shut off and its perfectly fine, then i go on american truck simulator and im playing for five minutes, it shuts down. You can still hear the system running and the power light is on signaling its on. The monitor just says HDMI as its a temporary TV monitor— and even if i plug the HDMI cord in and out from each device it does not do anything. The only solution is to hold the button, turn it off and allow it to come back on.

All the updates are completed.

The shut off time is set to never for both sleep mode and display and its on basic power mode or whatever balanced.

:)

JonathanBrown7, Nov 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only

Windows 10 Display Issues - Grey Blur lines - Dell XPS L502x

Hi Ramnath,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• a. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • b. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results
    • c. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also applicable for
    windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And
    for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also applicable for windows
    10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on
    Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only

1. Windows 10 Dell XPS— display shuts off in games only - Similar Threads - Dell XPS— display

2. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  3. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  4. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10/11 Dell Laptop Randomly Shuts Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Dell Laptop Randomly Shuts Off: When I got my Windows 10 laptop it worked perfectly fine for a year. Then I shut off my laptop and didn't use it for 3 months as I didn't need it. When I went to use it again it randomly would shut off many times throughout the day. The shut-off does not seem to be related to...
  6. My DELL XPS 13 9305 is Shutting Down Unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DELL XPS 13 9305 is Shutting Down Unexpectedly.: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedly.Date‎03-‎07-‎2022 20:22StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1000007eParameter 1: ffffffffc0000005Parameter 2: fffff80269755be1Parameter 3: fffffa863f6f7048Parameter 4: fffffa863f6f6860OS version:...
  7. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display randomly shuts off: I recently build a new computer and it has been working fine except for one issue. My computer will randomly shut the screen off while everything else is still running. I can hear sound through my headphones and all the fans and RGB are still on. The only way to shut the...
  8. Display colour and contrast on Dell XPS 15 (2019)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display colour and contrast on Dell XPS 15 (2019): Is there any way to adjust the colour saturation and contrast of the display on the Dell XPS15 (2019)? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-colour-and-contrast-on-dell-xps-15-2019/7d849599-944a-45e0-ae08-c55166bb8db1
  9. how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off Dell XPS monitor and use only 2 external monitors: I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. I have it set up in a docking station and want to use only the 2 external monitors, and shut the XPS, not using that monitor. I don't see how to turn off one of the 3 displays. Can you assist? Thank you....
  10. Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts: Hey all. I posted this here and in a forum with this dell model to see if anyone could assist me with this. My laptop is a dell xps 15 9550. I shut down my computer before i left the house. I sometimes leave computer on sometimes don't. When I came back, I noticed when i...