Windows 10: Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help?

Discus and support Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has happened three times in two days:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎28/‎07/‎2021 15:42StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keith yBeudy, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help?

This has happened three times in two days:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎28/‎07/‎2021 15:42StatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9586981a3010Parameter 2: fffff8023ff7372cParameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 62b8OS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 2057

:)

Keith yBeudy, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help?

Barbara Cue, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help?

1. Windows 10 Dell XPS freezes, screen goes black. Any help? - Similar Threads - Dell XPS freezes

2. Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.: It started around 3-4 months ago. Either when i play games or when the computer is idle it makes no difference the computer either freezes without the option to even open task manager completely frozen or the screens seems to turn off they go black but the computer is still...
  3. Laptop freezes up and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes up and screen goes black: Hello. Sometimes my laptop an Eluktronics MAX-17 w/ RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB RAM will freeze up, any audio playing stops and the screen just goes black, but the backlight or whatever is still on. Not like when you shut it down or put it to sleep and it's just dark. At...
  4. Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes, goes to black screen, then restarts: Hi,I installed Windows 11 about 3 weeks ago and since, I have had the computer unexpectedly shut off on me multiple times. It seems targeted. For example, if I'm playing a new game like Fifa 23, it is far more frequent than if I'm browsing the web. But it has now happened in...
  5. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  6. Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen: Every so often if I move the laptop the screen will go black. When I hit the mousepad I get nothing. I tap the power button once I and if I turn the caps button on I do see the light on. I then hit the mouse pad a few times and I get nothing. Sometimes it comes on but...
  7. Screen freezes then goes black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes then goes black.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffdc07ca624050 Parameter 2: fffff8034d082298 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack:...
  8. Dell XPS screen dimming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS screen dimming: I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 running Windows 10 Home. I run 2 monitors through a Dell Thunderbolt docking station connected to my laptop via USB Type C. Its a great setup. When my laptop screen turns off because I am absent, it usually dims my...
  9. Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen: Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening. Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm switching to skin, instead of showing a small player, the screen turned black although the music was still playing, I had to...
  10. Black Screen Dell XPS 9360

Black Screen Dell XPS 9360: Yesterday morning turned on XPS, appeared to be booting, keys back light and then it shut itself off. Sometimes stays on with only a black screen. Only had since January 27, 2018 and am super stressed that I cannot work. Yes, I have backed up the computer regularly, but this...