Windows 10: Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

Discus and support Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by duzzey, Jan 25, 2016.

1. duzzey Win User

Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

Hi All,
    Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search are disabled. Logs also show errors with initializing "Search". Here are my image build steps:
    -Install OS, log into machine with default Administrator account
    -Create a local administrator account. Log off of "built-In" admin account.
    -Install updates. Rename and join computer to domain
    -Log into VM with a default domain account (Used to customize apps for domain users). Install and configure apps.
    -Log off domain account. Log in with "new" local admin account
    -Copy domain user account profile to the "Default" profile. Use regedit to load "Default" hive. Remove references of domain account"
    -Remove domain account SID and user folder.
    -Remove VM from domain
    -Sysprep, and Shutdown.
    When I use a domain joined account to log into the VM, Cortana and Search is disabled. When I log into the machine as the newly created "Admin" account. Search and Cortana work as expected. For some reason it seems to be permissions related to the "Apps" folder, but Im not sure. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

duzzey, Jan 25, 2016
  2. dbmusa Win User

Cortana / Search Function suddenly broke

Search/Cortana remains non-functional on a second user account (albeit still running in the task manager).

The dism /restorehealth function returns the following error - 0x800f081F pictured here: http://i.imgur.com/PiNcI2O.png

Method2, "Get-AppXPackage ...." appears to complete without errors, but after reboot search/cortana remain broken.

dbmusa, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Cortana Not Working Properly

So, i've had window's 10 for a while now, and Cortana was working properly until 2 weeks ago. Now I'm unable to click on the search bar or the voice search on the Taskbar. Is Cortana broken? If not please help me fix it

SomeGuyWithWindows10Problems, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

1. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions - Similar Threads - Deployment Broken Cortana

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  5. Windows search function is broken.

in Cortana
    Windows search function is broken.: Hi, I recently built a new PC and install windows 10 on it. Then i connected my old Laptop drive to quick copy all of my documents. When I reconnect my old drive to my old Laptop, the Windows 10 search function didn't work. I cant search files or programs, many of the...
  6. Windows 10 search function broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function broken: This is a re-post of a thread that I had initially believed to be answered; however, when the fix was applied (a system restore), the issue was solved. Windows updated almost immediately afterward, though, and after restarting the issue returned. [ATTACH] I have tried...
  7. Windows 10 Search Function Broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Function Broken: Hi all, Hi all, Just today, I got this issue while trying to use Windows 10 to search (I think it's Cortana search): [ATTACH] When I type anything into the search engine (like 'paint' above), nothing shows up - it is just completely black. I rebooted, shut down, and...
  8. Windows 10 settings, services, cortana search broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 settings, services, cortana search broken.: I think the Windows version is 1803. There's a lot of strange stuff going on with my PC out of the blue. I can open settings but cannot click on anything,, same with services. Cortana gets stuck on search also. Windows update keeps turning itself off. I have other problems...
  9. Re-install cortana and search functionality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-install cortana and search functionality?: Hello So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file to remove it. But it seems in this update removing Cortana breaks the search functionality as well. Is there a way to...
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...