Windows 10 Design: Getting the balance right

Discus and support Windows 10 Design: Getting the balance right in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I’m Albert, and I lead the Design Team in the Operating Systems Group at Microsoft. First time poster, long time reader, be gentle. Our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...balance-right/

:)

Brink, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] Win User

iTunes and Windows 10

It sounds like there may be a balance setting (left/right) that isn't right inside iTunes. I can certainly confirm that it should work, we have many PC's using iTunes and the newest version of Windows 10 and it's not suffering this.

Another area to try is the balance option in speaker settings, as described here: http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-adjust-audio-balance-in-windows-7/

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 29, 2015
  3. AaronSparks Win User
    Audio Balance in Windows 10

Uh yeah how is this even relavent to the issue of Balance in the mixer. I have not been able to find a way to balance my headset either. Left is to heavy and right is to light. Come on MS get with the picture and tell us how to MANUALLY adjust the BALANCE
    between the LEFT and the RIGHT CHANNELS.

AaronSparks, Apr 29, 2015
  4. owensjc Win User

This is all fine and great for the phones. But why force it onto us desktop users?
    Windows 10 is looking more and more like a phone with every release, so much so that I've stopped installing the previews and have decided to stay with win7.

Please, please, please stop with all this phone stuff on the desktop.

owensjc, Apr 29, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    It goes along with the unified code base that MS is trying to achieve, One source of code reduces the development time and update process.

BunnyJ, Apr 29, 2015
  6. paulsalter Win User
    Thanks for this, interesting read

Not sure if I missed it while reading, but I would like to see the swiping of the screen remain
    so for the mail app he shows you using the 3 different views and changing between them via the hamburger, this would be nice as an option to be able to swipe for these, swipe left to right and it goes to folder view, swipe other way and back to folder contents

I am sure I will get used to the hamburger, bur for me I like the swiping on win phone to go through the views

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Design: Getting the balance right - Similar Threads - Design Getting balance

1. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring Fluent Design to context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring Fluent Design to context menu: Microsoft is slowly bringing Fluent Design to all parts of Windows 10, and the design is evolving with the next update. Microsoft appears to be expanding Fluent Design to more parts of Windows 10, and the most recent preview build comes with similar changes in this regard. A...
  2. Pre Designed Animated & Static Sigs For Members

in Windows 10 News
    Pre Designed Animated & Static Sigs For Members: Animated 'Minimal Title' Sig #1 in any colour customised to your requirements. [img] [img] [img] 112353
  3. Intel New 5G Infrastructure Reference Design

in Windows 10 News
    Intel New 5G Infrastructure Reference Design: What’s New: Intel today announced it has collaborated on a new 5G infrastructure reference design that enables communications service providers (CoSPs) to quickly deploy new revenue-producing services. Utilizing pre-integrated and commercially available components from...
  4. Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design: Microsoft’s new design language called Fluent Design is already available in the existing versions of Windows 10, and most of the first party app supports it. Microsoft’s Fluent Design is supposed to revamp the look of Windows 10 with acrylic and the reveal effect in apps,...
  5. Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system: Earlier this week at Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in the Fluent Design System. In a dedicated session named “Fluent Design: Evolving out Design System”, Microsoft announced what’s coming to the Fluent Design system with next major...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app gets new Fluent Design density elements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app gets new Fluent Design density elements: Microsoft at its Build 2018 revealed that it is working on bringing new Fluent Design elements to some of its core application in Windows 10. OneNote application is expected to be the first application to be getting the new Fluent Design elements. Today the company announced...
  7. Microsoft Account Gets New Look With Fluent Design Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Account Gets New Look With Fluent Design Update: I guess this is the new one. Doesn't have the same PR/MKT blurbs as Cliff's. [img] i got same design *Smile but OP's design was better *Smile
Windows 10 Design: Getting the balance right solved