Windows 10: Windows 10 desk top computer start

Discus and support Windows 10 desk top computer start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; always turn my desktop off when I am finished using it. Lately, at times when the window appears and the small dots rotate below the window, the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Bohler, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 desk top computer start

always turn my desktop off when I am finished using it. Lately, at times when the window appears and the small dots rotate below the window, the window disappears and the dots may continue to rotate or just stop rotating. The system then appears to be in a loop and does nothing. The only solution I have is to turn the power off, wait a minute and then turn the power back on and press the computer on button. This does not always work. I have tried several of the Windows logo Key plus a letter to start some function and nothing happens. I have run System Mechanic Pro and it finds no problem. I am using W 10 Pro OS version 10.0.18363 which obtained awhile back from the free download. If I purchase a license number from Microsoft, will that eliminate problem? Is the free version the same as the version now on the market to purchase? Th failure to start is very annoying! I will appreciate and suggestions. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

John Bohler, Dec 22, 2019

2. In Windows 10 on a new computer a program that has a desk top icon doesn't show in the program list in the Start menu.

In Windows 10 on a new computer a program that has a desk top icon doesn't show in the program list in the Start menu so that I can pin it to either the Start Menu or the Task bar. How do I get the program to show in the list. I have tried
    to search for it that doesn't locate it either.

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization.

KarnMadding, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Mike_864 Win User

Windows 10 desk top computer start

Computer goes to home page at start up instead of desk top.

At start up, my computer goes directly to my home page instead of my desk top. This has been happening for a few days, since I got a Windows 10 update. How do I change it so that it opens to my desk top again?

Mike_864, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 desk top computer start

1. Windows 10 desk top computer start - Similar Threads - desk top computer

2. How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?: My computer has a pin sign in disable. I have try the two hr option it gives all the trouble shooting process and still can get in. What other options do I have before running to some type of tech that can help me?...
  3. How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?: My computer has a pin sign in disable. I have try the two hr option it gives all the trouble shooting process and still can get in. What other options do I have before running to some type of tech that can help me?...
  4. How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  6. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  7. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  8. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  9. desk top in "Windows 10".

desk top in "Windows 10".: "Windows 10",I Go to the desktop, right click anywhere, hover my mouse over new ,then screen locks up until I right click then screen turns white and desktop returns to normal....
  10. windows 10 desk top

windows 10 desk top: Deleted photo from Windows 10 desk top but all desk top files and most icons disappeared as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desk-top/90259388-10e0-4cee-85a2-0e48050931b5