Windows 10: Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part

Discus and support Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My friend accidentally moved up the desktop or I don't know what it's called, and he doesn't know how he did either. The whole screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KartikTambi, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part

Hi,

My friend accidentally moved up the desktop or I don't know what it's called, and he doesn't know how he did either.

The whole screen is slightly moved up, and a blank area of 7 - 10 px. is appearing below the task-bar margin?

Here's a representative pic -

Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part d2390796-08dc-46d0-b045-8988939856c9?upload=true.png

How should I revert it back to normal?

Thanks a lot! :

:)

KartikTambi, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Mar 23, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part

1. Windows 10 - Desktop accidentally moved up, there's a margin in the bottom-most part - Similar Threads - Desktop accidentally moved

2. Margins changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Margins changed: The margins in all my saved files and documents have been changed. All margins are now approximately four inches wide. I have no idea how this occurred. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/margins-changed/e99d9a37-09a2-4919-89a9-0730241c39d4
  3. How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?

How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?: How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-the/290be016-3def-4c8b-9e57-216e8377dc08
  4. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Moving mouse brings up desktop: New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up. Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the...
  5. margins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    margins: Suddenly my office word top margin disappeared and the cursor goes to the top. I went into Pay Layout and clicked on last margin settings but that did not help. I cannot set the top and bottom margins....
  6. How to move virtual desktops in task view back to bottom?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move virtual desktops in task view back to bottom?: W10 just forced an update on me.... Lost my font settings, lost my desktop image, and now all the virtual desktops are on top, I need them on the bottom again, there is no setting... I have a big screen and moving mouse to top is a pain in the ass... Any solution for this?...
  7. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. Desktop partly unusable.

Desktop partly unusable.: I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my desktop and all icons have moved down and can not be moved up. Strangely my Rocket Dock is still sitting at the top and working...
  9. move details pane to the bottom of window

move details pane to the bottom of window: hi i want to know is there any way to move move details pane to the bottom of a window? in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7 are those two suitable for 10 or not? or 10 has its own application? thanks 16268
  10. Unresponsive Part on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Part on Desktop: hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image: [img] Sometimes, after closing a full...