Windows 10: Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not sure what the latest batch of updates from Microsoft have done, but I'm running into serious permission issues with applications that were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeLecakes, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even...

I'm not sure what the latest batch of updates from Microsoft have done, but I'm running into serious permission issues with applications that were working fine not too long ago.

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 earlier this week.

I reinstalled my applications and I am getting write permission issues on my primary drive where my OS is installed. Specifically my Documents folder. Many of these applications such as Substance Painter and Roblox Studio are trying to autosave to their respective folders in Documents and I'm getting repeated errors.

Worse is that this is locking me out of basic functionality to create assets and export based on preferences.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get access back to my own Documents folder? During installation it created the folder. Why can't it access it?

I checked the security tab and I see that Administrator has a red X by it. I haven't done anything on this computer to attempt to share files or folders with other computers and I can't find very good information online about how to address this issue.

:)

GeorgeLecakes, Dec 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even... :(

Zakin, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even...

1. Windows 10 - Desktop App Permission Issues - My Microsoft Account Admin - No access even... - Similar Threads - Desktop App Permission

2. My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.: So i own a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with windows 10 as an OS. lately i have been having problem with my integrated microphone where apps like discord and games are not detecting the mic well. the device appears in the option list for audio input yet it doesn't work.as it is shown...
  3. My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.: So i own a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with windows 10 as an OS. lately i have been having problem with my integrated microphone where apps like discord and games are not detecting the mic well. the device appears in the option list for audio input yet it doesn't work.as it is shown...
  4. My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microphone is not being detected by desktop apps even thought they have access permission.: So i own a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with windows 10 as an OS. lately i have been having problem with my integrated microphone where the app like discord and games are detecting the mic well. it appears in the option for the input device yet it doesn't work.as it is shown down bellow...
  5. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  6. Asking admin permission even for Desktop files

Asking admin permission even for Desktop files: Hi All,I am logged in as jashobanta-hewl\jasho and I have the admin access available. However, when I try to say update any file created in desktop or any user directory like Documents, it says "You need permissions from jasho". I am not able to edit or modify any files...
  7. Cant access permissions for desktop apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access permissions for desktop apps: I need to allow my browser (chrome) to access camera and microphone in order to do video conferencing. In the permissions settings page desktop apps are allowed permissions but none show up. I am also unable to access app settings from either right clicking in start menu or...
  8. Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission

Local Admin Rights & Remote Desktop Access Permission: Hello All, Good morning! In my environment now a days its difficult to manage granting Local Admin Rights and RDP access to the particular users on their particular host , as the GPO size is increasing to assign separate policy though "Restricted Group" settings. Even I...
  9. Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...
  10. Admin Account But No Permissions To Access Files. Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account But No Permissions To Access Files. Why?: I am logged onto win10 with an administrator account yet I keep getting 'no permission' messages. Not generally but this morning for instance in IIS. I couldn't read the log files in IIS. So I simply went to Explorer and found the log file and tried to look there and...