Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've started recently having this problem where, whether I logon from sleep, or am using any various programs. My desktop background and icons will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swhitt1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. swhitt1 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.

I've started recently having this problem where, whether I logon from sleep, or am using any various programs. My desktop background and icons will not load back up. Only signing out, or restarting the computer seems to fix the issue. Also as soon as it starts going through the signout or restart process, the desktop and icons flash back in for a moment. This wasn't after an update or anything FYI. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks

:)

swhitt1, Jan 19, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear. - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Icons

2. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  3. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  4. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  6. Dissappearing Background picture after updateing Windows 10

Dissappearing Background picture after updateing Windows 10: Just installed latest Windows10 update and now background picture has gone and icons have changed size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dissappearing-background-picture-after-updateing/9b3f0186-b61e-4c34-927e-5fd81b378542
  7. taskbar icons randonly dissappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar icons randonly dissappearing: Suddenly different icons disappear from taskbar in windows 10 Edge and IE11 browsers. one moment its edge that's gone then in a few minutes its IE or Google, gmail and any of the other icons that have been on taskbar for years. Only change made to PC recently was...
  8. Desktop Background Randomly changing

Desktop Background Randomly changing: My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by...
  9. Random window quickly shows and dissappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Random window quickly shows and dissappears: I just got a new PC and did a clean install. Randomly a window appears but disappears right away so i dont even know where it is coming from. It happens fairly often, at least twice per hr or so. Is there someway to find out which processes or files have recently been loaded...
  10. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...