Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, my Windows 10 background keeps changing on a daily basis and I have no idea how to get it to stop. It's set up as a 'picture' - not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Willing_Cartoonist75, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options

Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options wMIJWvAf55kRPg3jz_QIfJHVMOvPzqTeVAknzUBEd8c.jpg

So, my Windows 10 background keeps changing on a daily basis and I have no idea how to get it to stop.

• It's set up as a 'picture' - not as a slideshow or a theme

https://preview.redd.it/2k7ed1v63s4...bp&s=331961ddd6b5d296d4a76c632311115b7f5d516e

• I've amended the power options to 'paused'

https://preview.redd.it/1tp5gbta3s4...bp&s=9ad291d36847ad6b4afab86f361e744f4be062bb

• I'm not running 'Bing Wallpaper' or any other wallpaper apps that I'm aware of.

Any ideas on how to get this to stop?

submitted by /u/Willing_Cartoonist75
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Willing_Cartoonist75, Dec 12, 2020
  2. R.Mundy Win User

Desktop background slideshow not working.

As the title says, my desktop background slideshow isn't working. It actually looks like the entire Themes element is broken. When I select the Windows 10 theme, nothing apart from the "Colours" bit changes and if I try to manually set the desktop background
    to "Slideshow" nothing happens, then it returns to the Picture option on it's own accord.

I've tried the Edit Power Plan fix and any other obvious fixes that a Google search has suggested to no avail.

Not sure if it's linked, but my Start Menu is a little broken too - if I pin or unpin anything to it I have to manually restart Windows Explorer through the Task Manager before the changes take affect.

Any suggestions?

R.Mundy, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options

Windows 10 Background Slideshow not working

I am using a desktop computer and myy desktop background slideshow does not work. I am having the exact same problem as this person: Windows 10 Background Slideshow not working where
    if I click 'next background' nothing happens, but if I open settings then it suddenly changes. It remains stuck on that background until I close settings and reopen them again.

I have checked the windows power settings as suggested in this thread, and the slideshow option is set to "available". One of the other fixes suggested in the thread was to save the current theme as the desktop backgrounds theme, and this didn't solve my
    problem either. I also tried refreshing the desktop, which does nothing either.

AlexjaMarshall, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options

1. Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing & it's not a slideshow or power options - Similar Threads - desktop background keeps

2. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  3. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  4. Desktop background slideshow under 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow under 10 seconds: i edited the registry value for the desktop background slideshow, but it seems the images just do not transition faster than one per 10 seconds. is there a hard lock on this animation in the system or something?...
  5. Desktop Background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  7. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  8. Desktop Background keeps changing.

Desktop Background keeps changing.: In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select...
  9. Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly: I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times in a short time. Three times in one hour, twice within 3 hours, etc. At least twice, and perhaps more times, the...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683