Windows 10: windows 10 desktop background picture is darker than normal

Discus and support windows 10 desktop background picture is darker than normal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi My background photo is dimmed down. My PC is a Dell 690. Its as if the system is regarding the background image as being selected. What I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ggeoff, Aug 26, 2017.

1. ggeoff Win User

windows 10 desktop background picture is darker than normal

Hi

My background photo is dimmed down. My PC is a Dell 690. Its as if the system is regarding the background image as being selected. What I want is to be be able to see my background photo as is should be. I can't find any setting for this condition.

:)

ggeoff, Aug 26, 2017
  2. Leif.E Win User

Personalization of Desktop background colour

How can I customize the background colour of my desktop in Windows10 (I wish a darker blue shade than available in the standard template) ?

Leif.E, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Setting 1st monitor to slideshow while second is one wallpaper?

I've been searching for a good hour and I can't find anything on this, so I'll decided I'd ask.

What I want is for my 1st monitor to have a slideshow background, while my second monitors background is just one picture (So I can make my second background a darker picture so it doesn't effect me when playing games.)

I've tried going into setting and setting it to slideshow, then going to Desktop Background and setting one picture to desktop 2, but it just resets the slideshow to picture. Any ideas?

DerpyCatman, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Krita Win User

Hm. I don't have a solution for this, the only idea comes to my mind is to brighten the image a little bit, so it looked like the original image on the background *Smile

Krita, Sep 3, 2017
  5. ggeoff Win User
    Thanks for your interest Krita but I think that the problem is that Windows 10 has a bug.

ggeoff, Sep 3, 2017
  6. Josey Wales, Sep 3, 2017
  7. ggeoff Win User
    There is nothing wrong with my monitor. What is happening is that the screen is dimming in relation to selecting a program to run. Correction the picture is permanently dimmer. It was not before recent updates. Click on a quick load item and the screen lightens momentarily and then darkens. I think that the Window 10 designers have decided that it would be nice to darken the background image when an application is running.

The background image looks fine when viewed with any photo program. For example using Paint Shop Pro 9 the background picture looks bright. Opting for Full Screen Preview of the picture in Paint Shop Pro 9 confirms that the OS is darkening the background image. Restarting the PC, the background photo is not initially dimmed, it become dimmed shortly before the quick launch bar is populated.

ggeoff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 desktop background picture is darker than normal - Similar Threads - desktop background picture

2. corner of touchpad near keyboard is darker than normal!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corner of touchpad near keyboard is darker than normal!: Hi! The corner of my laptop not the screen, near the touchpad is way darker than normal, does anyone know whats wrong with this? has it burned, or is it common, and can you clean/fix it?...
  3. corner of touchpad near keyboard is darker than normal!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corner of touchpad near keyboard is darker than normal!: Hi! The corner of my laptop not the screen, near the touchpad is way darker than normal, does anyone know whats wrong with this? has it burned, or is it common, and can you clean/fix it?...
  4. Desktop Background Picture is Hazy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Picture is Hazy: All of a sudden my desktop background looks hazy and washed out. When I click on the program dialogue box the picture and color look fine. What is going on?...
  5. Desktop icons are wider than normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons are wider than normal: [ATTACH] I turned on my pc this morning and realised the icons were spread apart more than normal. I realised quickly that the icons were wider. Does anyone know a solution to make them square (less wide) again? This is what I am talking about submitted by /u/ialfiree...
  6. make windows backgrounds darker

make windows backgrounds darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all window backgrounds bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC...
  7. Desktop background picture.

Desktop background picture.: I clicked on a picture to make it the desktop background… which it did, but there is a large "over-scan", so the edges of the pic are missing. How do I shrink the displayed background to show the whole picture? Thanks for all replies....
  8. Desktop Background Picture problem

Desktop Background Picture problem: Though I can't be sure, it appears that something in the last update, or the one before the last, has changed my desktop background picture. It used to be extremely clear and crisp, and now it is very hazy and washed out. Could it have something to do with the custom...
  9. Desktop background Picture

Desktop background Picture: I use Windows 10 I would like to cancel/delete the background picture which I can see on my PC desktop. This picture added by mistake. Please comment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/68307af9-f96d-4cc4-8c2d-2f799e00e6f6
  10. Desktop Background Picture

Desktop Background Picture: Can anyone tell me why my Desktop Background Picture keeps reverting to the previously selected one every 2-3 days and how to cure it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/a606adc4-b343-4184-9dcc-ffe3d1ecb682

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows desktop images appears darker

2. screen is darker than normal windows 10