Windows 10: windows 10 desktop background slide show

Discus and support windows 10 desktop background slide show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by azwulfe, Jul 26, 2020.

1. azwulfe Win User

windows 10 desktop background slide show

Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a collage of my photo's just like the lock screen does. I've done a lot of searching for this and none of the info I've found seems to point me in the right direction.

I've looked through the setting and I remember a "collage" option once in the drop down, but now I can only see the slideshow option. Now it's nice, but I really like the collage look that I get on my lock screen.

Is there an option to have the collage look for my background photo's also?

:)

azwulfe, Jul 26, 2020

2. Desktop theme slide show

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I would like to inform you that, theme slide show cannot be done on windows 10. However after applying a theme you can create a desktop background slide show.

To create a desktop background slide show follow the steps below:

• Right click on the blank space on Desktop.

• From the menu select Personalize.

• On the windows, click on the
      background.

• From the drop down menu select slide show.

• Browse the albums that you want to set as slide show.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jul 26, 2020
  3. slide show

Hey,

Use the following steps:

Navigate to Settings>Personalize>Background

Under background,

In the drop down list select Slide show.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 26, 2020
  4. JaimeMW Win User

windows 10 slide show not working

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the community - by Windows 10 slide show, do you mean the desktop background slide show is not working or the slideshow option in the Photos app?

If it's the desktop background slide show and you are using on a laptop or tablet that is unplugged, by default the power options will likely not continue the slideshow. You can change this option in the advanced power settings:

• Type Power Options in the Search/Cortana bar
    • Open the Power Options - Control Panel option
    • Select Change plan settings on the power option that is selected for your device
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Under Desktop background settings - Slide Show, change the "On battery" option from Paused to Available
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 desktop background slide show - Similar Threads - desktop background slide

2. Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show: I'd like to have the images for my wallpaper slide show change every 10 seconds. I used to be able to do this in Windows10, but haven't been able to do this in Windows 11. I tried doing the search I used previously, but it only brought me to the standard personalization page,...
  3. Background Slide Show only partially showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Slide Show only partially showing: Hi! I have just recently been trying to create a slide show for my desktop background, but only some of the photos will show, and before the certain photos that won't show wont respond to any action with the 'next desktop background' or 'personalize'. After waiting a while...
  4. Slide show on Desktop

Slide show on Desktop: The choice of timing for changing slides jumps from 1 minute which is too short, to 10 minutes which is too long. 5 minutes would be about right but it isn't there to choose -how can I plead for this to be changed ?...
  5. Can't change the background slide show in Windows 10

Can't change the background slide show in Windows 10: I recently changed my background screen saver slide show, and I selected a folder on a portable HDM. But now I'm finding I can't change it to anything else. If I select "Picture" in the Personalization, it appears to take it but nothing changes. If I change the folder,...
  6. Show picture's filename in background slide show

Show picture's filename in background slide show: This Q was asked sometime ago around the time of W7 and XP. Anyone got a solution for W10? The background slide show is a great feature, I've set my laptop to pick every 10 minutes a random photo from the hundreds that are in my pictures library. Is it possible to see the...
  7. Background picture in slide show does not change

Background picture in slide show does not change: Under the setting/personalisation/background picture/slide show, the picture does not change. I have put change the picture every 30 minutes, but it does not change. How shell I make it work? I am using windows 10....
  8. win 10 background slide show

win 10 background slide show: I used to be able to select FOLDER And the slide show would include that folder plus all its sub-directories. but not now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/win-10-background-slide-show/7cc25543-c455-491f-9a0e-09499412bf0e
  9. Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.

Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.: Hi all, Shortly after I upgraded to Win 10 I went to the control panel to set up my desktop background to slide show through a specific folder of images. This worked fine but had an unexpected side effect; each one of my monitors (I've 3) showed a different image from the...
  10. Remove Desktop Background Slide show from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Desktop Background Slide show from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Remove Desktop Background Slide show from Power Options in Windows 10 Add or Remove Desktop Background "Slide show" from Power Options in Windows 10 The Slide show setting under "Desktop background settings" in desktop background slide show to be "available" or...