Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 to ver 10943.1052 and for some reason when I have anything minimized on the desktop like device manager, task manager, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NIK1, Jun 9, 2021.

1. NIK1 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar

I just updated my windows 10 to ver 10943.1052 and for some reason when I have anything minimized on the desktop like device manager, task manager, or a web browser when I click any one of them to bring it back up my whole desktop turns grey for a couple of seconds then my desktop reappears and all the taskbar icons reload. This blinking and reloading business only happens when something is minimized and when you bring it back up from the taskbar is when this glitch happens. Has anyone here had this happen like me after upgrading to 1052.My previous version was 19043.985 and it had no problems at all like this? Ran SFC and DISM checks and they both reported no problems or corruption. Curious as what could be causing this and how to fix...

:)

NIK1, Jun 9, 2021
  2. VinceB Win User

Blinking/Flashing Icons on Desktop PC

Hi:

I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen and icons that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10 version 1803 installed on 5/19/2018, and am getting updates automatically from Microsoft.

Observations:
    When booting the PC, after the login screen, it is taking an unusual amount of time to load the "image" part of the desktop icons; the filenames in text appear first and quickly, and then a delay occurs before the icon images are "painted" onto the monitor's screen. I also noticed that while having file manager opened, the same file names blink in the directory structure pane, at the far left. Just now noticed, as I am writing this, that while using Internet Explorer browser, blinking has stopped, taskbar icons have disappeared and replaced with blank, box outlines, no response when clicking on a desktop icon; this happened once before and I had to reboot PC to get control of taskbar back.

What I have tried thus far and results:

1. I ran the inbuilt DELL diagnostics, and all hardware passed the "thorough" tests.
    2. I followed instructions given in this YouTube video: , and used msconfig to locate and uncheck the boxes for (1) WindowsErrorReporting and (2) ProblemsReportandSolutions. I also used this video's instructions to uninstall iCloud. The result of doing that is, possibly, a slow down in the blinking rate of icons within the taskbar and on the desktop, but the flashing continues. This was done during Windows normal mode (while icons were blinking); I have yet to attempt these same steps while in Windows Safe Mode.
    3. I then followed instructions given in this YouTube video: , and used regedit to locate (1) ForegroundFlashCount and (2) ForegroundLockTimeout and reset each of those to 0 (zero). The result of doing that is no improvement/change in the flashing icons.
    4. I also used Windows Restore to go back to 4 OCT 2018. That has not helped, either.

I think there was an automatic windows update done on my PC, overnight sometime after 5th OCT. I would like to know how to go about identifying and undoing the last Windows update? and how to disallow automatic updates from Microsoft?

I do not know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

TNX.

VinceB, Jun 9, 2021
  3. desktop screen blinks

Hi Chanda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with blinking screen after upgrade to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the screen flashes?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article by Andre Da Costa and check if you are able to access after log-in.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Refer to the section: Blinking or Flashing desktop after log in

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar

Desktop menu blink

Hello
    I have a weird blink problem on my desktop taskbar menu.
    Problem is it eventually blinks
    posting here a quick gif
    I forced the problem to appear moving a pdf file from a folder to desktop and then back to the folder again.
    Notice the menu only blinks first time each time i drop the pdf file or any file on the desktop
    I have windows 10, gtx 970 and i7 6700k and 2k display on displayport cable, this been happening long ago.
    Thank you

Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar [​IMG]

martyalicante, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar

1. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar - Similar Threads - Desktop Blinking Reloading

2. windows 10 desktop blinking loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 desktop blinking loop: hi, I still have a loop blinking desktop issue please helpwindows 10 desktop blinking loop - Microsoft Community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-blinking-loop/5de70513-98a3-4830-b795-20fb8de8e9e5
  3. windows 10 desktop blinking loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 desktop blinking loop: Hi, I have a lenovo laptop with blinking loopI can't fix - I have already unstalled updates but not the main update it didn't mangage to uninstall it- uninstalled the graphic drivers- disabled all services from msconfig, desktop icons are hidden because i disabled all...
  4. windows 10 desktop blinking loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 desktop blinking loop: Hi, I have a lenovo laptop with blinking loopI can't fix - I have already unstalled updates but not the main update it didn't mangage to uninstall it- uninstalled the graphic drivers- disabled all services from msconfig, desktop icons are hidden because i disabled all...
  5. Blinking taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking taskbar: After updating my windows after login there is a blinking taskbar without any icons on desktop I can't type a single word in task manager can anyone help me to solve this problem...
  6. Blinking taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blinking taskbar: I'm having some weird issues with the Windows taskbar and flashing icons. For example, say I drag an image file from my folders to Google Chrome. The first time it'll show up as a minimized window so that I can open the window and drag my file into a new tab. If I then decide...
  7. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop Blinking: Edit: It's blinking not flickering! Sorry for my poor vocab. Hi I'm having this problem that at random times, some part of the screen just blinks into black and back to normal. It's happening to random parts of the screen, usually vertically slices of the screen, and it's...
  9. Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading: Hello, I have an Alienware laptop working on Windows 10, I noticed some time ago that the desktop and taskbar keep refreshing/reloading every time, and lately my computer has been really slow, and whatever I'm using in Full-Screen Mode is being minimized, and it wasn't like...
  10. Windows 10 desktop reload problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop reload problem: Hi guys, my computer reloads its desktop continuously every time when it is connected to a network. However, this doesn’t happen when there is no network connection. Can you guys teach me how to fix it? This really affects the user experience. 21371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 flashing desktop and taskbar