Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over.

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Gateway desktop computer running Win 10 (upgraded from Win Vista). It got some problems, the more I tried to fix it the worse it gets. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skip3119, Jul 20, 2019.

1. skip3119 Win User

Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over.

I have a Gateway desktop computer running Win 10 (upgraded from Win Vista). It got some problems, the more I tried to fix it the worse it gets. Now the computer doesn't even boot.

Need help on how to redo everything.

I did notice when the computer is just turned on, pressing [F10} will get somewhere. (I never tried this.)

Thank you very much for your help.

:)

skip3119, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 desktop computer: Need help on how to do it all over. - Similar Threads - desktop computer Need

2. Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app: While exploring Microsoft To Do app on my windows PC, I have deleted the Due Dates from the "Planned" tab which means that the due date is now removed from all the lists in my Microsoft To Do app. Control + Z does not work either and now I do not know what to do as the task...
  3. Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent help needed with Microsoft To Do windows desktop app: While exploring Microsoft To Do app on my windows PC, I have deleted the Due Dates from the "Planned" tab which means that the due date is now removed from all the lists in my Microsoft To Do app. Control + Z does not work either and now I do not know what to do as the task...
  4. How do I show the same desktop on all three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I show the same desktop on all three computers: How do I show the same desktop on all 3 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-show-the-same-desktop-on-all-three/09ae695e-6c9d-44c0-a661-d12b64726639
  5. How do I cancel adds that are appearing all over my screens? Please help !

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I cancel adds that are appearing all over my screens? Please help !: How do I delete adds that appear on my screens..Super annoying !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-adds-that-are-appearing-all-over/18bbeca1-28a9-42a5-9bf9-84f910f3fa35
  6. need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help on how to re install windows 10 on my second desktop computer.: Hope somebody can help................... sorry, i'm not very good with computers and techy stuff so please bear with me.. i'll try to do my best to explain the problem. i'm having problems with my other desktop pc.. it started when there was a scheduled...
  7. Need Help. No idea what is wrong with my computer. All that is showing is my desktop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help. No idea what is wrong with my computer. All that is showing is my desktop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedIzBk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2k4u4/need_help_no_idea_what_is_wrong_with_my_computer/
  8. Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop: I have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, running Win 10 PRO with all the latest updates. When I open and start my Laptop all the icons that I want in certain places are now all over the desktop. If you try and move them, they will not go to where you want them. This happens about 90% of...
  9. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  10. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...