Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My power plan is set to balanced yet the computer does not go into sleep mode after the set 30 minutes. The screens go into sleep mode but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RobertStansfield2, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode

My power plan is set to balanced yet the computer does not go into sleep mode after the set 30 minutes. The screens go into sleep mode but not the computer. If I put it into sleep mode manually, some time later it will wake up of its own accord without being touched. So I can put it into sleep mode at night and in the morning it is running.

:)

RobertStansfield2, Apr 16, 2020

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 16, 2020
  3. sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode

1. Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode - Similar Threads - desktop computer sleep

2. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  3. Computer wont go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont go to sleep mode: My PC wont go into sleep mode, even if i actively press the go to sleep button. Using powercfg /requests commands i get the following message:[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_103C8928&REV_1000\5&305977d9&0&0001 An audio stream...
  4. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode: I have my desktop on balanced in power settings 10 minutes display and 20 minutes for desktop but it won't go into sleep mode I have an ASUS h670 MOBO WITH 12TH GEN I3-12100 PROCESSOR 16GB RAM 500 GB SSD. i JUST BUILT THIS 2 WEEKS AGO....
  5. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode: I have my desktop on balanced in power settings 10 minutes display and 20 minutes for desktop but it won't go into sleep mode I have an ASUS h670 MOBO WITH 12TH GEN I3-12100 PROCESSOR 16GB RAM 500 GB SSD. i JUST BUILT THIS 2 WEEKS AGO....
  6. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  8. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  9. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  10. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i put desktop into sleep mode