Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spacerace56, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?

:)

spacerace56, Aug 25, 2019

2. Desktop Won`t Refresh On Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with Windows 10.
    Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode with networking and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

Unplug external devices connected to the computer expect
    keyboard and mouse.

From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
    Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.

In this page select troubleshoot
    option.

And click on Advance option.

Select Startup setting from advance option.

Here you will find Restart button, just click on it.

In new windows press F5 to login with
    safe mode with networking.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 25, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. nmrm Win User

Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

Thema:

Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

1. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot - Similar Threads - desktop computer won't

2. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  3. Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot: I've had this problem before, but twice in the last week it has taken me the better part of a day to get my computer back on its feet using a recovery disk, command prompt, etc. When Windows 10 Update runs, it seems most of them fail, and when they do my computer won't boot...
  4. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  5. HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot: I have not been able to boot up my Windows 10 HP desktop and have tried the different recovery methods. I ran the diagnostics and everything passed. I also did System Recovery and was not able to find any restore points. At one point it asked me if I wanted to do a backup....
  6. Computer won't boot to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot to windows 10: My desk top HP would not boot but went into a loop or auto repair then trying to boot again. I can boot into safe boot, but not all the options work. I have tried all the suggestions here in the forum, but nothing seems to help. I have finally resorted to completely...
  7. My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop won't boot up in windows 10: My PC keeps restarting once I try to boot up. I have tried multiple ways to get it to work but to no avail. I can boot up in safe mode and all is well, but if I boot up in safe mode with networking I don't have network access. I have gone as far as reformatting my SDD and...
  8. Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.: A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried all sorts of repair options and nothing works. Can anyone explain this behavior? Here is a link to a video showing what it...
  9. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?: Hi all, I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot. It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that finishes I don't get the login screen, just a black screen with no cursor...? The 3 System Restore Points stored on the machine...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...