Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently replaced the PSU in my desktop as the previous one had fried, so the one I currently have is stronger if that matters. Over the past few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScruffyDoge, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly

I recently replaced the PSU in my desktop as the previous one had fried, so the one I currently have is stronger if that matters.

Over the past few days, I attempted to play Payday 2 on Steam and it resulted in the computer shortly "crashing". I use quotes because both monitors lose signal and the sound cuts, while the fans are still running and the power remains on. It did this even when I was not running a game, just Discord and Chrome.
    Specs -
    Running an HP Pavilion p6210y slightly modified

GeForce GT 730 GPU
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHZ

6 GB of ram

If it means anything, my monitors are a small HDMI TV and a VGA monitor with a slightly messed up cord, so it does not display the color red.

The only difference between the old and new PSU is that the new one should be more powerful, and when I bought it, it had "HP Pavilion p6210y replacement power supply" in the title.

:)

ScruffyDoge, Oct 9, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Solitaire Crashes back to the desktop

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a new laptop with windows 10. Before the anniversary update I could play Solitaire without problem. Now it just crashes randomly back to the desktop. I have tried all of the suggested solutions and none have
    worked.

RetiredLife2012, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly

1. Windows 10 Desktop "Crashing" randomly - Similar Threads - Desktop Crashing randomly

2. Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode: My Windows 10 PC will turn itself off whenever I issue the "sleep" command. The screen turns black and the PC will run for about 2-3 minutes before shutting down not a clean shut down, but a power off.On some rare occasions it wakes up properly.While I am writing this, it...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode: My Windows 10 PC will turn itself off whenever I issue the "sleep" command. The screen turns black and the PC will run for about 2-3 minutes before shutting down not a clean shut down, but a power off.On some rare occasions it wakes up properly.While I am writing this, it...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop randomly / intermittently crashing on Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop randomly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop randomly crashes: My desktop pc is randomly crashing. It goes like this COLDBOOT>WINDOWS>IDLE>BSOD>REBOOT>PC is frozen now and will not boot into windows unless I switch off the power supply and the cycle begins again!...
  6. Desktop randomly crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop randomly crashes: My desktop pc is randomly crashing. It goes like this COLDBOOT>WINDOWS>IDLE>BSOD>REBOOT>PC is frozen now and will not boot into windows unless I switch off the power supply and the cycle begins again!...
  7. Windows 10 - Blue Screens and Random Desktop Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Blue Screens and Random Desktop Crashing: Hi All, I have recently been experiencing a lot of game crashing blue screen with error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or even crashing on the desktop desktop freezes and becomes unresponsive, sometimes second screen will continue flashing on and off until i hard restart the PC.I have...
  8. Random crashing to desktop or to BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing to desktop or to BSOD: So I have been experiencing random-seeming crashes while playing different games. Sometimes the game just shuts itself down, sometimes my computer shuts down in a full-blown snit fit. Some of the games: Valheim Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord No Man Sky Cyberpunk 2077 A...
  9. Windows 10 randomly crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly crashing.: Random times when I’m using my computer it will randomly give me a blue screen error. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, whether I’m downloading files or playing Minecraft, after 10 seconds or 10 hours, it will give me a blue screen eventually. I have completely wiped my PC,...
  10. Windows 10 randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly crashing: Hi. First off if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm sorry, but I'm in a bit of a rush. Windows 10 has been crashing on me constantly and it's even worse since it's not a blue screen, so I don't have a code to go off of or anything. After doing more research I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 desktop crashing

2. windows 10 desktop crashes

3. windows desktop crashing

4. windoes 10 desktop crashing