Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Youngcnyc Win User

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is that my screen is black with the cursor, so if I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and open Task Manager and then run new task Explorer.exe my desktop comes back And I can see my apps but then it goes back to black. Any idea on how to fix this?

:)

Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015

2. Desktop icon missing in Windows 10

Original Title[re; desktop icons in windows 10]

Why do some of my desktop icons disappear periodically with windows 10 ?

ThomasJeakle, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears

Original Title: Disappearing desktop

Since upgrading to Windows 10, every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears. How can I fix it?

Aussie Sue, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Windows 10 desktop disappeared

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

1. Windows 10 desktop disappeared - Similar Threads - desktop disappeared

2. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  3. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  6. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  7. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  8. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  9. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared: logged into my computer and saw a few items missing from my desktop. Windows 10, all updates installedall user related folders show nothing but under properties it shows that data is still on there.I tried messing in Regedit with no luck, It doesn't look like I'm in a temp...