Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Youngcnyc Win User

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is that my screen is black with the cursor, so if I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and open Task Manager and then run new task Explorer.exe my desktop comes back And I can see my apps but then it goes back to black. Any idea on how to fix this?

:)

Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015

2. Desktop icon missing in Windows 10

Original Title[re; desktop icons in windows 10]

Why do some of my desktop icons disappear periodically with windows 10 ?

ThomasJeakle, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears

Original Title: Disappearing desktop

Since upgrading to Windows 10, every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears. How can I fix it?

Aussie Sue, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Windows 10 desktop disappeared

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

1. Windows 10 desktop disappeared - Similar Threads - desktop disappeared

2. my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared: All my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared after win 10 last update...help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-disappeared/fdd5f3e1-9ef2-4225-bdc7-cee4ea25e33c
  3. Since I installed Windows 10 some of my desktop Icos have disappeared and I forget how to...

Since I installed Windows 10 some of my desktop Icos have disappeared and I forget how to...: How do I find my missing desktop apps installed on my windows 10 and after finding them how can0 0i get them back on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-i-installed-windows-10-some-of-my-desktop/8b7efb2f-4259-4bf4-a63c-b4486e670d20
  4. The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.: The taskbar disappeared from the desktop of my Windows 10 PC. I tried everything that was suggested to get it back, all to no avail. Most of them suggest that I should left click on the taskbar, which is impossible, since it disappeared. Can anybody help me?...
  5. Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop

Language panel disappears then after restart defaults to floating on desktop: For at least 1 year, I have a problem with the language panel. On average once a week, sometimes more often, I find it missing from the task panel. Nothing helps to get it back. Only after computer restart, I can see it, but not in the task panel where I want it to be...
  6. my folders disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my folders disappeared from my desktop: How do I get my folders to show when I first turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folders-disappeared-from-my-desktop/244aef35-f993-47c3-aca4-fa34065e6ecb"
  7. pointer disappearing from desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer disappearing from desktop: I have been having trouble with my pointer disappearing from my screen. I have tried to reinstall the mouse. Changed the settings on it. I have checked drivers and updated. There is a sound that the computer makes and it disappears. Sometimes it will come back but most...
  8. Desktop icons disappear after unistalling a game

Desktop icons disappear after unistalling a game: So just now i downloaded a game from https://gamejolt.com/games/floating-sandbox/353572 and played it for a bit. i messed up on the installation, so i uninstalled it to reinstall it. as soon as i go to control panel and uninstall, half of my desktops icons disappear! they are...
  9. Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?: Hello everyone, I've been clearing my desktop because it got to a point where it was filled with shortcuts I didn't need and so on. When It came around to deleting the shortcuts I moved all of the shortcuts I didn't want to delete into a folder so I could just delete the...
  10. my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work

my icons disappeared from my desktop. Right click does not work: MY ICONS DISAPPEARED FROM MY DESKTOP. RIGHT CLICK DOES NOT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-icons-disappeared-from-my-desktop-right-click/7cde4770-ba65-4c05-8269-c8af884e443e