Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Youngcnyc Win User

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is that my screen is black with the cursor, so if I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and open Task Manager and then run new task Explorer.exe my desktop comes back And I can see my apps but then it goes back to black. Any idea on how to fix this?

:)

Youngcnyc, Sep 15, 2015

2. Desktop icon missing in Windows 10

Original Title[re; desktop icons in windows 10]

Why do some of my desktop icons disappear periodically with windows 10 ?

ThomasJeakle, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears

Original Title: Disappearing desktop

Since upgrading to Windows 10, every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears. How can I fix it?

Aussie Sue, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Windows 10 desktop disappeared

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop disappeared

1. Windows 10 desktop disappeared - Similar Threads - desktop disappeared

2. Windows 10 desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop files disappeared: When i checked my computer this morning, all my files/folders that i had saved on my desktop were gone. Were not located in the recycle bin. The only tasks I can find that occured in the middle of the night was a Windows update and One drive sync. When I checked One drive...
  3. My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update: Hello My desktop files disappeared after windows 10 update. I also, lost my thunderbirds email account setting, as well as most of the shortcuts on the desktop. Fortunately I found my desktop files at the user count folder in drive C. I started over and setup my email on the...
  4. How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptainCrispy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvnzo1/how_do_i_fix_this_i_tried_to_make_the_desktop/
  5. Windows Desktop disappears when any window is open in the foreground

Windows Desktop disappears when any window is open in the foreground: The issue can be seen in this picture: [ATTACH] When I press the "Show Destkop" button in the right corner of the Taskbar, the desktop appears normally. The problem is that when I open any window or application the desktop disappears and I can only see the windows I have...
  6. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?: all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get/b52fd7db-5b63-4d9d-94d3-ab9736ad2a64
  7. Windows 10 disappear my files from the desktop and create a new temporary user, I can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 disappear my files from the desktop and create a new temporary user, I can't...: Hi! I need help!! My PC have an update and after that move all my files to C:// and created a new Temporary user, so now my desktop is totally empty, also all the files that i create and leave on my desktop, will be erased at the end of the day like nothing happen that day....
  8. Restarted PC and folder on desktop just disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarted PC and folder on desktop just disappeared: 1 year old Dell XPS 13. Had a folder with some pictures on the desktop. Restarted it and the folder is gone. Looked in the desktop folder in the profile directory and enabled show hidden/system files. Thing is gone. Tried ESUS and ReCuva and honestly, they just found unusable...
  9. All my programs disappeared off my desktop, only leaving all my folders. What happened??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my programs disappeared off my desktop, only leaving all my folders. What happened??: They're just gone. Haven't done anything in particular with my laptop besides use it for school meetings. Even the bin is gone and my browsers. Also, I've had this issue since forever and have tried fixing it in the past, when I close it it starts up againafyer a while. This...
  10. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop: Yesterday, I decided to attempt creating a second user on my Windows 10 pc for a family member to use. I only installed google chrome onto the desktop, then signed out and returned to my account. I continued using it for the rest of the day, and then again this morning with...