Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Flickering

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Flickering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm having this problem that at random times, some part of the screen just flashes into black and back to normal, not sure if flickering is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyWan117, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Flickering

Hi I'm having this problem that at random times, some part of the screen just flashes into black and back to normal, not sure if flickering is the right word. It's happening to random parts of the screen, usually vertically slices of the screen, and it's Windows 10 specific since I can confirm such do not happen under Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS on the same machine.

Not sure if it's related but when I typed Chinese with the default Pinyin input method, the flickering happen with considerablly higher frequency, while with usual use it's very occassional.

Does anyone know if this problem is common and how can it be fixed?

:)

JohnnyWan117, Feb 20, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Flickering

flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Flickering

1. Windows 10 Desktop Flickering - Similar Threads - Desktop Flickering

2. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed: I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background...
  3. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed: I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background...
  4. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  5. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  6. Why do I have flickering green lines on half of my desktop screen

Why do I have flickering green lines on half of my desktop screen: Half of my desktop screen has flickering green horizontal lines on. I have tried updated the driver and checking for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-flickering-green-lines-on-half-of-my/1714eefc-ddc8-4290-a9c3-3e44c3c2f1a6
  7. Why do I have flickering green lines on half of my desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have flickering green lines on half of my desktop screen: Half of my desktop screen has flickering green horizontal lines on. I have tried updated the driver and checking for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-flickering-green-lines-on-half-of-my/1714eefc-ddc8-4290-a9c3-3e44c3c2f1a6
  8. My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue: Pls solve the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/1e6019fc-b7c3-4258-8f6f-e833804f5df6
  9. My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue

My desktop icons do not flicker while refreshing. How to fix this issue: Pls solve the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-do-not-flicker-while-refreshing/1e6019fc-b7c3-4258-8f6f-e833804f5df6
  10. My desktop keeps flickering, along with my windows bar and icon, i can't do anything help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop keeps flickering, along with my windows bar and icon, i can't do anything help!!: This started happening around two hours ago, going into safe mode doesn't work the same happens and i can't open cmd from task manager, i can only do it through troubleshooting options! I will link my reddit post with a video for reference here...