Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10 in File Explorer that has the Quick Locations and all Locations listed in the left-hand menu, my folder "Desktop" randomly changed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashley Rhodes, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

On Windows 10 in File Explorer that has the Quick Locations and all Locations listed in the left-hand menu, my folder "Desktop" randomly changed to "Downloads" even though the correct "Downloads" location remained the same. I am unable to change the folder name back to what it should be. The only way I can tell which one I need to navigate to in order to save/open is the icon.

How in the world can I change it back when the name of it is grayed out in the properties? I've had this randomly happen to me before (same folder randomly changing its name) and the only way we could figure out how to get it to go back to the way it was originally named was to reimage the device (which I'd rather avoid if possible). Thank you in advance for any help/advice you're able to give!

Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View 37d36dc7-bb71-4472-8e12-64b439e8f4fd?upload=true.png Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View 8a00d30b-23a5-42c4-a0cc-3681892a9e8b?upload=true.png

:)

Ashley Rhodes, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View

1. Windows 10 Desktop Folder Randomly Changes in File Explorer View - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder Randomly

2. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  3. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  4. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  5. Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10: Hi there,Actually , I wanted to customize my file explorer by changing the default folder icons. I just did it by following these steps:-1 Open 'Registry Editor' and go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'2 Then I just right-clicked on...
  6. File Explorer folder view changed after update

File Explorer folder view changed after update: Following this month's Windows update, the folder view in File Explorer has changed, and I can't work out how to change it back to normal. Here's a screen shot of what I see now: [ATTACH] The extra column for number of items is a waste of space. How do I make it go away?...
  7. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  8. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  9. Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer

Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer: Hi, I want to tidy up my file/folder structure. I am thinking that if I could see all my existing information in a tree-like view this would help enormously. But maybe there is a better way. Thanks....
  10. Windows file explorer view changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer view changed: Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive. Now I have something like in the attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows desktop randomly changes