Windows 10: windows 10 desktop freezes

Discus and support windows 10 desktop freezes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; im using windows 10 on a desktop pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paul-MidnightRambler, Sep 30, 2018.

1. windows 10 desktop freezes

im using windows 10 on a desktop pc

:)

paul-MidnightRambler, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue windows 10 desktop freezes :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 30, 2018
  4. windows 10 desktop freezes

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 desktop freezes

1. windows 10 desktop freezes - Similar Threads - desktop freezes

2. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...
  3. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...
  4. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...: Desktop freezes for 5-10 seconds intermittently on every audio and video platform. I have changed the ethernet cable to a lower gauge wire 22 gauge. I have several other computer, phones and other devices on the network that do not suffer from this problem...
  6. Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...

Why does my desktop freezes all streaming platforms for 5-10 second several time during...: Desktop freezes for 5-10 seconds intermittently on every audio and video platform. I have changed the ethernet cable to a lower gauge wire 22 gauge. I have several other computer, phones and other devices on the network that do not suffer from this problem...
  7. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  8. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  9. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  10. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. press task view and desktop freezes