Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop hangs after login

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop hangs after login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Everytime i log in to Windows 10, it is not possible to do anything. The taskbar loads up but i can't click on it, it only shows the spinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stian303, Sep 5, 2019.

1. stian303 Win User

Windows 10 desktop hangs after login

Hi,
    Everytime i log in to Windows 10, it is not possible to do anything. The taskbar loads up but i can't click on it, it only shows the spinning circle. The desktop icons don't show up and ctrl alt del work's but if i press on task manager it won't load up. Suddenly after a couple of minutes everything loads up and the computer is working. This happens at every bootup and log in. I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 N from usb.

Any ideas?

:)

stian303, Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 hangs at login screen after latest update

Windows 10 completed latest updates but now hangs at login screen. I type in the local password and the spinner starts to spin and then it just hangs. Suggestions?

O C Reporter, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 desktop hangs after login

Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop hangs after login

1. Windows 10 desktop hangs after login - Similar Threads - desktop hangs login

2. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  3. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  4. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 hangs after login - no Windows folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs after login - no Windows folder?: On firend's 3-y old laptop happened today something I saw for the first time: There is set autologin and after boot and this autologin desktop shows as usual and I have only few seconds to do something - open menu or settings, get titles of icons in tray but then it stops...
  6. Windows 10 hangs after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs after login: On firend's 3-y old laptop happened today something I saw for the first time: There is set autologin and after boot and this autologin desktop shows as usual and I have only few seconds to do something - open menu or settings, get titles of icons in tray but then it stops...
  7. Login hangs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login hangs: Hello everyone. It is my first time here though I have searched high and low within the forum to find what's going on with my machine. It is running Windows 10 Home edition and ever since I added a user account on there for my wife it has been hanging at the login screen....
  8. SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login: I'm trying to remotely troubleshoot a problem that an elderly family member is having with her laptop. After going through airport security on her current trip and the usual x-ray screening, she flew to her destination without incident. But when she arrived at her destination...
  9. Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10: Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I could not find a similar thread. I received the notice that the windows 10 update was available for a windows 7 laptop we have. The install appeared to go fine, it did not give me any error messages on this. However now that...
  10. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop hang 5min after login

2. windows 10 hang on logon

3. windows 10 login hang up