Windows 10: windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white

Discus and support windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white. Please advise. Thanks, Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdelaney77, Mar 10, 2019.

1. windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white

Hi,

Windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Mar 10, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 10, 2019
  3. how do i change the background to be white and the letters to be black?

Currently my screen is black and the letters are white I want to change it so the background is white and the letters are black.

Jean2222DJ, Mar 10, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white

1. windows 10 desktop icon lettering does not change to black when desktop background is white - Similar Threads - desktop icon lettering

2. My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.: Hello!Sometimes, when I move any icon on my desktop it starts having a black background around it and when I move a couple of them my background changes to black altogether. I have to restart my PC to change it back to my previous background.Also, sometimes, when I download a...
  3. My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.: Hello!Sometimes, when I move any icon on my desktop it starts having a black background around it and when I move a couple of them my background changes to black altogether. I have to restart my PC to change it back to my previous background.Also, sometimes, when I download a...
  4. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  5. Suddenly, some desktop icons are black and white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly, some desktop icons are black and white: A few days ago a lot of the desktop icons changed to black and white with no labels some didn't Tried to add a screenshot but see nowhere to attach it to this question... Can't find this issue searching the internet. Help! WINDOWS 10 / DELL DESKTOP / OFFICE 2019...
  6. Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates: This makes the third time today that MS has forced an update on me, even though my Features Updates are deferred for 90 days and is set to ask me about installing updates. That's not counting the other times this past week that this has happened. When you're running 3 PCs and...
  7. Printer is printing black background and white lettering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is printing black background and white lettering: Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why my Brother Printer is printing with a black background and white lettering. The printer was working fine on my old laptop. It's only since I started using my new laptop....
  8. when printing background is black with white letters how do i change back to white...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when printing background is black with white letters how do i change back to white...: when printing background is black with white letters how do I change back to white background black letters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-background-is-black-with-white/b3dde613-86a4-4eb2-a7ad-af917a1bc61b
  9. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.: Hi, My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-font-in-white-cant-read-on-white/8d4eef1a-3233-4e69-85bd-7bcb7cfa1ae4
  10. how do i change the background to be white and the letters to be black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change the background to be white and the letters to be black?: Currently my screen is black and the letters are white I want to change it so the background is white and the letters are black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-be-white-and-the/87fca0b1-8ae5-4904-a4d5-87471daee065