Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings: For years now I've made use of the "Windows Inverted extra large" mouse pointer scheme so it's easier to find the mouse on-screen. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neilCarter750, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?

Greetings:

For years now I've made use of the "Windows Inverted extra large" mouse pointer scheme so it's easier to find the mouse on-screen. If you're not familiar with it it comes with every version of windows I've seen in practically forever, wherever your mouse pointer is, it changes color so it's different from what it's over, almost like an optical negative.

I'm an amateur photographer, and use my nicer photographs as my desktop in a slideshow. This often makes it difficult to read the icon text.

My question: Is there a setting to make the desktop icon text or maybe background do this inverted trick automatically also?

Thanks!

:)

neilCarter750, Jan 18, 2020

2. To change Desktop icon text color.

Hello Vivek,

We suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below. This will also work in Windows 10:

How does one change the desktop icon text color in
    Win10

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. How to back up and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

You can also refer to this link as well.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 18, 2020
  3. d2thomas Win User
    Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Hello tenforums, I hope you can help.

A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts are more visible for some impairments and in this case, a yellow background with black bold icon text is the best condition.

What I've tried:
    • Tried high contrast theme / mode
    • Tried to modify regedit based on a suggestion for 8.1 here.

Where I've looked:
    • Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Performance
    • Personalize - Change Desktop Icons
    • Personalize - Colors
    • Control Panel - Personalization
    • Display Settings
    • Themes - Theme Settings

I was able to get the text black when using the white high contrast mode, but that option won't work. While it does change the icon text to black, it also takes over many other options that deliver a less than desirable contrast for the user. We originally were thinking we could start with the high contrast theme, save as another theme and then systematically roll back the changes we didn't like, leaving the black text. Does not work - when in high contrast mode it effectively locks out your ability to make certain changes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d2thomas, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?

Windows 10 desktop icon text

Hi,

Text colors can be change by setting your desktop the way you want it and using themes. Try the following steps and see if it can help change the icons text color:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Colors.
    • Choose High contrast settings.
    • Choose a theme and set the colors you want to use on each options shown.
    • Click Apply and wait for the changes to take effect.
    • You can try setting different colors that will suit your taste.

Also, if you're using a picture for background, make sure to change and set it to
    solid color as another workaround.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Anne Ros, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?

1. Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change? - Similar Threads - desktop icon text

2. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  3. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  4. How do I change the desktop icon text color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the desktop icon text color?: The articles I found online are either ancient or they do not work. The general idea is to change to orange as a solid color, which supposedly changes the text to black, It doesn't. What's the point about personalizing if something that basic is impossible?...
  5. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  6. Desktop Icon text changing color and shading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon text changing color and shading: Hello all! I have a unique question I haven't found an answer to. My 85 year old grandfather has an old Windows 7 computer we recently upgraded to 10. So far he loves it! But... His desktop icon text is normally black with no shadow, but sometimes after he closes programs...
  7. Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts: How can I change the colors of toolbars, text in toolbars? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-colors-of-toolbars-and-icon-texts/2842acb3-f56f-430e-8f24-83fda8fa0a19
  8. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  9. Windows 10 icon text mumbled and background color changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 icon text mumbled and background color changed: I was starting up Black Desert Online and after 2 minutes in the game it crashed to desktop. moments later the screen flashed as if updating settings.. afterwards it looked like this: [img] ive tried "sfc /scannow" to check for any errors and it showed none. I also...
  10. Is there a setting to change Icon text color and.....

Is there a setting to change Icon text color and.....: Is there a setting to change the colors of Icon text other than hilight and also a setting menu to change the Hottracking color? *Biggrin 32363