Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot.

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been happening for awhile now, so i deleted a bunch of iconsupwards of 25 one day. The next day when i rebooted all the icons came back! I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drifter0507, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot.

This has been happening for awhile now, so i deleted a bunch of iconsupwards of 25 one day. The next day when i rebooted all the icons came back! I even deleted them and removed everything from the recycle bin and they still come back! Not sure how to go about fixing this so help would be appreciated.

:)

Drifter0507, Mar 3, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 3, 2021
  4. techguy31 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot.

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Icons added everytime I reboot. - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons added

2. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  3. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  4. Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11: I am unable to add icons to the desktop. The only option is to add to taskbar. I the file explorer does not appear when I click on the application after clicking on a blank screen and then new. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11: I am unable to add icons to the desktop. The only option is to add to taskbar. I the file explorer does not appear when I click on the application after clicking on a blank screen and then new. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Phantom desktop icons added to my HTPC desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phantom desktop icons added to my HTPC desktop.: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 v2004. When install was complete there was a whole host of mostly blank tile iconsshortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Most had names and the name all matched programs that I have installed on another PC. I didn't want any of them...
  7. Desktop icons disappear after hard reboot on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons disappear after hard reboot on Windows 10?: [ATTACH] I am making an arcade version of Sim City 2000 and I am having trouble with the icon on the desktop disappearing after a hard reboot. For instance the "arcade" features a "world reset" button that allows you to power cycle the single-board-computer inside (a...
  8. Desktop icons disappear after hard reboot on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop icons disappear after hard reboot on Windows 10?: I am making an arcade version of Sim City 2000 and I am having trouble with the icon on the desktop disappearing after a hard reboot. For instance the "arcade" features a "world reset" button that allows you to power cycle the single-board-computer inside a LattePanda v 1.0....
  9. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a website with Icon to the desktop: How do I add a website and Icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-website-with-icon-to-the-desktop/dd432917-3a72-4338-8a87-50547431dfd4
  10. The icons on my desktop reset everytime I relog

in Windows 10 Support
    The icons on my desktop reset everytime I relog: I'm trying to clean up my desktop, but every time I turn my laptop off, and then come back to it, all the icons have reset to the way they were before I started moving stuff around. Even the change from small to medium icons resets, and I have no idea how to fix this. 12765