Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] my icons have been stuck like this for a while now and they wont change, I am on the latest version of windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EightPxth, Aug 21, 2019.

1. EightPxth Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched d86335a6-3556-4094-80c2-e03c389a2279?upload=true.jpg

my icons have been stuck like this for a while now and they wont change, I am on the latest version of windows.

:)

EightPxth, Aug 21, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

1. Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons are

2. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  4. Icon glitch on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon glitch on Windows 11: My device is always removing icons on the taskbar and replacing the usual icons on Windows Explorer files with this low quality document outline image. And when I restarted Windows Explorer, the icons I keep on it go away too! The only way I can fix this is by restarting the...
  5. Icon glitch on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon glitch on Windows 11: My device is always removing icons on the taskbar and replacing the usual icons on Windows Explorer files with this low quality document outline image. And when I restarted Windows Explorer, the icons I keep on it go away too! The only way I can fix this is by restarting the...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar icons glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar icons glitching: windows version-21H1so basically yesterday i installed tha latest windows version update 21h1 and after that my windows is fine but my taskbar is not working good .before typing anything pls just see a image below.----so as you can see near the action button that how the...
  7. Windows 10 desktop and taskbar is glitched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop and taskbar is glitched: It started with me accidentally extracting 4000 files to my desktop. It started glitching out and I when I tried clicking the white "is not responding" layer appeared on the screen. I restarted and the same thing happened. I couldn't open any apps or do anything really, and...
  8. Desktop icon glitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon glitch?: Today i turned on my computer and i was greeted with a really weird glitch. My icons keep moving around. They start off the normal place they usually are then they jumble up then go back then jumble back up and so on. At the same time of this happening, my computer is almost...
  9. Windows icon glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows icon glitch: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/guqa2c7a9h251.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=f930b76688c6646ba8a00b1905dbfe94d46b7474 submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv563z/windows_icon_glitch/
  10. Windows 10 Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons: My desktop icons will look like they are overlapping, and when I switch to the desktop and try to move one, its like its locked up. If I wait 30 seconds to a minute the desktop refreshes and they go back to the way the should be, and I can select them and/or move if I need...