Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've started to have this problem for a few days now, the icons on my desktop get black except for the system apps Recycle Bin. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sebastian EnriquePerea, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

Hi, I've started to have this problem for a few days now, the icons on my desktop get black except for the system apps Recycle Bin.
    I have tried several solutions like clearing the cache of the icons and it has worked, but whenever I turn back on the computer they return to the same black box.
    What can I do?

:)

Sebastian EnriquePerea, Jul 13, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

windows desktop icons black box

everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again

AyrtonSouza2, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

1. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box - Similar Threads - desktop icons covered

2. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  3. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  4. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons have black boxes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons have black boxes on Windows 10: Recently, My desktop icons have developed black boxes over them. Restarting does not fix the probme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-black-boxes-on-windows-10/deddb791-c8e9-44ac-ac0a-8690dc2e2ea3
  6. Icons have black boxes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons have black boxes on Windows 10: Recently, My desktop icons have developed black boxes over them. Restarting does not fix the probme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-black-boxes-on-windows-10/deddb791-c8e9-44ac-ac0a-8690dc2e2ea3
  7. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  8. Search covered by black box

Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  9. Black opaque box covering search

in Cortana
    Black opaque box covering search: Whenever I try to report this, it disappears, however I have managed to get it on Feedback Hub, although, unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even look at feedback on there....
  10. windows desktop icons black box

windows desktop icons black box: everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again...