Windows 10: Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them

Discus and support Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is fresh install of Windows 10 on a new, formatted 4TB Harddrive. All day I have been reinstalling all my programs, games, music, and so on - now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Innoccu35, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Innoccu35 Win User

Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them

This is fresh install of Windows 10 on a new, formatted 4TB Harddrive. All day I have been reinstalling all my programs, games, music, and so on - now I am trying to clean up my desktop - and I can't delete anything off the desktop. They are improper installs because the programs work just fine - but I can't actually see my background through the forest of shortcuts that will NOT DELETE.

HELP!!

A tierd windows user.

:)

Innoccu35, Mar 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them

1. Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons can't

2. I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them: I just cut, then go to file explorer and paste them where I want them to be. Hope this is helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-found-a-way-to-delete-icons-from-my-desktop/920917f5-c29f-4664-ba2f-bdaaa665d965
  3. I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a way to delete icons from my desktop without deleting them: I just cut, then go to file explorer and paste them where I want them to be. Hope this is helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-found-a-way-to-delete-icons-from-my-desktop/920917f5-c29f-4664-ba2f-bdaaa665d965
  4. Deleted pictures are still on my desktop and I can't get rid of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted pictures are still on my desktop and I can't get rid of them.: I downloaded some pictures from the web so I could zoom in more on them in the Photos app. When I downloaded them, I opened them from my browser and then deleted them in the Photos app. I didn't think they'd show up on my desktop, but they're stuck there. I can't drag them...
  5. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop: Hello. I'm talking about these 2 icons, and no matter what I do they just won't go away. They are not showing up here nor at desktop in explorer....
  6. Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them: hi, I can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them to start or taskbar. after right-click, pressing "delete" or from the keyboard or after dragging them to the bin icons still there. after I pin/unpin them (randomly start/taskbar) I'm able to drag them...
  7. Can't delete icon from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icon from my desktop: Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions? 110971
  8. Windows 10 deleted software and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 deleted software and desktop icons: This is probably the worst operating system Microsoft has ever developed, Even worse than the Millennium, which was pretty bad. Somehow windows 10 installed it's self and I decided to try it....Then before the 30 days were up I wanted to uninstall. Guess what you only have 28...
  9. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701
  10. old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    old desktop icons reappered - can't delete: I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses? 47567

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete certain icons from desktop in windows 10

2. windows 10 cant delete desktop icon

3. windows 10 cant delete icon from desktop

4. i cant delete icons from my bureau,
  5. cant delete certain icon from desktop in windows 10