Windows 10: windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily

Discus and support windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my father has this problem on Windows 10 PC. He has maybe 50 shortcuts and excel files on the desktop. Auto arrange icons is off. Align to grid is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vitezslav Zurek, May 4, 2021.

1. windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily

my father has this problem on Windows 10 PC. He has maybe 50 shortcuts and excel files on the desktop. Auto arrange icons is off. Align to grid is on.He has rows of icons so for example in the lower part of the screen there is several rows of excel files. He creates another one, moves the icon to the end of the row but later he finds out that it's no longer there but jumps somewhere to the upper part and he has trouble finding it.The resolution is fullHD and it's never changed. I have seen it with my own eyes when he was renaming one file. After renaming it jumped from the end of row

:)

Vitezslav Zurek, May 4, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, May 4, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily ;)

qubit, May 4, 2021
  4. windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 4, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily

1. windows 10 desktop icons moving around sneakily - Similar Threads - desktop icons moving

2. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  3. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  4. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around

Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around: I have an issue that has been upsetting me for a while. Whenever the computer boots, awakes or I plug in my second monitor my desktop icons move around. I organise them again and select refresh to save them apparently and then again whenever the computer boots, awakes or I...
  6. desktop icons keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons keep moving around: Two Icons on my desktop refuse to stay where I want them when I reboot : "This Pc" and "Norton 360". What can I do to keep them in place? I think this a relatively new phenomenon. Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 165539
  7. A window cannot be moved around the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A window cannot be moved around the desktop: Hi, I have an App window that is stuck at a certain position on the screen. Normally, I can use my mouse to "grab" a windows title bar and move it around the screen. With this particular app OneNote, this doesn't work. I can move it by r-clicking the icon on the task bar,...
  8. Desktop Windows Move Around

Desktop Windows Move Around: My open desktop windows move around. I drag them to the center and then later they have moved to the left side. I don't want them to move around. My windows have always stayed where I put them in the past. I have tried to search out solutions to this issue but I only...
  9. moving icons on desktop - windows 10

moving icons on desktop - windows 10: When I press on an icon to move it to a folder on desk top, immediately the file (of icon) is opened, and I am unable to move it in to the folder. Same problem if I want to shift the icon to another place. I tried to press hard on the icon for shifting, but I end up only...
  10. Icons on desktop keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop keep moving around: Have tried researching this annoying problem and found several long threads from 2015 with various confusing answers involving several registry changes. Has this common problem been definitively solved yet and if so can someone please post the solution here 55644