Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop icons will look like they are overlapping, and when I switch to the desktop and try to move one, its like its locked up. If I wait 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesElledge, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Icons

My desktop icons will look like they are overlapping, and when I switch to the desktop and try to move one, its like its locked up. If I wait 30 seconds to a minute the desktop refreshes and they go back to the way the should be, and I can select them and/or move if I need to. Is this some kind of sleep mode going on? I I have a browser(Chrome) open on the desktop that my employees use to log into my online time clock software, and it is not locked up like the desktop, and works fine for them to clock in with. It can be random times throughout the day that I will go to use the computer for something other than the timeclock and will have to wait for the desktop to refresh before I can do what I want to do. And while its not a ton of time, its still frustrating. Is there something I need to do to fix it?

:)

JamesElledge, Feb 25, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Icons

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Icons

1. Windows 10 Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  3. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  4. An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop...: An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop viewing mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-empty-page-icon-appeared-instead-of-the/52a0d7e5-60f8-45fb-b7b4-3d434843aa3e
  5. An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop...

An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop...: An empty page icon appeared instead of the wallpaper on the desktop thumbnails in desktop viewing mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-empty-page-icon-appeared-instead-of-the/52a0d7e5-60f8-45fb-b7b4-3d434843aa3e
  6. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  7. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  8. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  9. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  10. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: My desktop icons on my laptop randomly rearrange as soon as I attach my monitor. This only started happening recently. There is no pattern, some stay on my laptop, some go over to the monitor. And yes, Auto Arrange and Align to Grid are both unchecked. It's driving me crazy....