Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop not available after update

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop not available after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. A couple days ago my computer updated (windows). It updated but when I after the update logged in to my computer, my desktop was completely dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anton G.A, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Anton G.A Win User

Windows 10 Desktop not available after update

Hi.

A couple days ago my computer updated (windows). It updated but when I after the update logged in to my computer, my desktop was completely dark with only the bin showing. I could not click anywhere and it said "Error: Desktop not available..."

I tried creating a map in system32 config called "Desktop" and then restarting my computer to let it update again, but this didn't work. What should I do? It's making me furious.

Thanks.

:)

Anton G.A, Dec 28, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 28, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 28, 2018
  4. hyp36rmax Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Anyone have issues with any current release games such as BF1, TitanFall 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and many higher profile steam games crashing to desktop when launching after the Creators update? This happens on both AMD and Nvidia, ruling out drivers (Still a possibility). One thing to note those same games work on another system with the same update. Disabled Game Mode.

My next step is a clean installation.

hyp36rmax, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Desktop not available after update - Similar Threads - Desktop available update

2. Desktop not open after updation windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop not open after updation windows 10: After updating windows 10 my desktop not start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-open-after-updation-windows-10/a281fde4-d266-408c-a460-5d1ce8c2b07d
  3. System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update: I saved a restore point this morning before installing the latest feature update which was showing in Windows Update. After it installed, I went back into System Restore as it is usually turned off after updating. This time it is greyed out when I click configure and no...
  4. The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The desktop crashed after updating to Windows 10: My HP laptop has Windows 10 installed, included with the purchase. I think it's a restored model and whoever restored the system didn't know exactly what they were doing. From the first day it has been very slow: the cursor will literally skip words as I write the programs...
  5. external drives not available after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drives not available after windows 10 update: First update uninstalled itself ... disconnected external drives as suggested and update installed ... now the external drives are not available ... please advise ... all I can find are instances for XP installs ... thanks...
  6. Location is not available after Windows 10 update

Location is not available after Windows 10 update: This morning there was a notification that the system was performing an update.After a number of hours the same message was still showing. After a hard reset there is a Location is not available message.C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. The...
  7. Default getaway not available after stupid **** updates Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default getaway not available after stupid **** updates Windows 10: Yo fix this stupid ****. Everytime windows update this **** came up. It disconnect my internet many times and this **** happen to many times like **** twice a month. WTF u doing man??? tried everything but it doesnt fix at all..i wish i had money and buy a different system....
  8. Windows 10 Update - Desktop not available error

Windows 10 Update - Desktop not available error: My laptop was hijacked and ruined with this automatic and involuntary update. It was working fine before the update. Over the course of 3 days I talked to 4 different agents from Microsoft Windows help desk. Finally a new ISO file was created and my USB media was made...
  9. Windows 10 no update available

Windows 10 no update available: Anyone else still just have this? Imgur I tried to manually install windows 10 by downloading that "Media Creation Tool" but about 70% through windows 10 install, i black screened without my cursor, after about 20 min of that not changing i restarted my PC and i was prompted...
  10. New update available for Movies & TV app on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    New update available for Movies & TV app on Windows 10 Desktop: A new release is available today for the Movies & TV app on Windows 10. This release (version 3.6.1271.0) includes the following updates: During playback, you can double-click or use the ESC key to toggle in and out of full-screen mode Extras that come with bundles won’t...