Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put my computer into Sleep mode, it will not recover, so I have to restart it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BC3841, Sep 8, 2019.

1. BC3841 Win User

Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.

When I put my computer into Sleep mode, it will not recover, so I have to restart it.

:)

BC3841, Sep 8, 2019

2. Sleep mode in Windows 10

I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell XPS desktop. With Windows 8, I had created a desktop icon to go to sleep mode but it doesn't work now. When I go to the Windows icon, the power button does not list sleep mode as an option as it did with Windows
    8. How do I initiate sleep mode now in Windows 10?

Phil Freeman, Sep 8, 2019
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.

Windows 10 computer will not recover from sleep mode

Windows 10 computer will not recover from sleep mode

ALLANHEYWORTH, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode.

1. Windows 10 desktop not recovering from Sleep Mode. - Similar Threads - desktop recovering Sleep

2. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  3. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  4. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode: I have my desktop on balanced in power settings 10 minutes display and 20 minutes for desktop but it won't go into sleep mode I have an ASUS h670 MOBO WITH 12TH GEN I3-12100 PROCESSOR 16GB RAM 500 GB SSD. i JUST BUILT THIS 2 WEEKS AGO....
  5. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode: I have my desktop on balanced in power settings 10 minutes display and 20 minutes for desktop but it won't go into sleep mode I have an ASUS h670 MOBO WITH 12TH GEN I3-12100 PROCESSOR 16GB RAM 500 GB SSD. i JUST BUILT THIS 2 WEEKS AGO....
  6. my windows 10 desktop will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Sleep Mode in Power Settings

Windows 10 Desktop Sleep Mode in Power Settings: I have my system set up to go into sleep mode after 15 minutes. Until recently, this worked fine except instances where my browser might have a page loaded that prevented the sleep mode from activating. Now, even without a browser or application loaded my system fails to...
  9. Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode

Windows 10 desktop computer will not go into sleep mode: My power plan is set to balanced yet the computer does not go into sleep mode after the set 30 minutes. The screens go into sleep mode but not the computer. If I put it into sleep mode manually, some time later it will wake up of its own accord without being touched. So I can...
  10. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop not recovering from sleep mode