Windows 10: Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading

Discus and support Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So today when I went and turned on my computer, all my icons that are pinned to my taskbar is gone, and when I try to click on the icons on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Loh Chi Hang Ian, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading

So today when I went and turned on my computer,

all my icons that are pinned to my taskbar is gone,

and when I try to click on the icons on my desktop, nothing happens

the computer worked perfectly yesterday

I have searched on YouTube for solutions l but nothing worked. I tried uninstalling the latest quality update which fixed my last stuck at black screen issue, but it didn't help I can't uninstall the latest feature update for some reason I also tried booting up in safe mode, but it would only result in it stuck at the loading screen What it looks like :Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading [​IMG]

Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading [​IMG]

:)

Loh Chi Hang Ian, Mar 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading

1. Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading - Similar Threads - Desktop responding taskbar

2. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameHeres an imageYesterday, the icon for the Microsoft...
  3. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  4. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  5. Taskbar icon doesn respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon doesn respond: After installing windows 10 and drivers the task bar search option and wifi or volume icon doesnt respond after clicking on it.Wifi devices surrounding doesnt show in list....
  6. Taskbar icon doesn respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon doesn respond: After installing windows 10 and drivers the task bar search option and wifi or volume icon doesnt respond after clicking on it.Wifi devices surrounding doesnt show in list....
  7. Taskbar icon doesn respond

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..

Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..: Hi I'll try and explain it as good as I can Recently Windows 7's support has ended, I still use Windows 7 and then just upgrade it to Windows 10 At first the PC has no problems at all but a few days later, well The boot time is so slow, when the desktop appears theres no...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop icons not loads after start up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop icons not loads after start up.: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio PC running with Windows 10 OS. I am unable to use or do anything on my PC at the moment. After start up, non of the desktop or taskbar icons loads up on the screen. I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to be working. I am unable to...
  10. Taskbar icons not showing and responding.

Taskbar icons not showing and responding.: My laptop's taskbar icons are not showing. I tried clicking on the windows icon but it won't respond and it only shows the blue loading mouse icon. I tried opening the task manager through Windows icon + Alt + Delete. After opening it, it shows that the disk usage is 100%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 UI unresponsive