Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I've been having this issue for since approximately May 2022. I will try to keep this concise but informative.My issue: Sometimes, seemingly at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark_Koz, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Mark_Koz Win User

Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...

Hello. I've been having this issue for since approximately May 2022. I will try to keep this concise but informative.My issue: Sometimes, seemingly at random, when I put my PC to go to sleep, it would pretend to do so and turn off displays, but all of the fans will remain on, and none of my peripherals will respond. The LED light will not flash, which it usually remains on whenever my PC successfully sleeps, and eventually after about 5-10 minutes, it would shut itself down and require a hard reboot with the power button. I cannot reliably replicate this issue as it happens seemingly at random

:)

Mark_Koz, Nov 25, 2022
  2. lollygags Win User

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Display & computer sleep functions don't work with Windows 10, Build 1607

This is a desktop PC. After the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 (Build 1607) was downloaded, the sleep timer functions in Power Options, Balanced, no longer work. In Advanced Options, I have the following setttings:

• Turn off display after 5 minutes,
    • Turn off hard drive after 20 minutes,
    • PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and
    • For Multimedia, I have selected "Allow computer to sleep" when sharing media.

With these settings, the display does not turn off and the desktop does not go into sleep mode. The display turns off, but then immediately comes back on. HELP!!!

John Herkes, Nov 25, 2022
  4. RRP17 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...

All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

I'm happy to find these as work-around, very helpful at least to my systems scenario.

All my desktop windows retained the exact location in both built-in and external monitor, before and after Sleep mode.

Step 1. Press the below keys before the computer turn to sleep mode

(typically, this is prior to leaving my computer for a break)

• Windows logo key + M

Step 2. Press the below keys after signing back or activating from sleep mode

• Windows logo key + Shift + M

RRP17, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans... - Similar Threads - Desktop Sleep mode

2. MY PC {WINDOWS-10} DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFETER A TIME BUT THE LIGHTS AND FAN WORK

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MY PC {WINDOWS-10} DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFETER A TIME BUT THE LIGHTS AND FAN WORK: I WAS GAMENIG ON MY OLD 11 YEAR OLD WINDOWS 10 {PERSNAL COMPUTER} AND RANDOM IT DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT THE PC ON RUNINGI TURN OFF AND TURN ON THE DISPLAY BUT NOUGHTING HAPPENS AND AFTER I TURN OFF AND ON PC AND THE LOCK SCREEN SHOWS THAT THE {{{{ TYPE A1B2C3 }}}} then i entre...
  3. MY PC {WINDOWS-10} DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFETER A TIME BUT THE LIGHTS AND FAN WORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC {WINDOWS-10} DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFETER A TIME BUT THE LIGHTS AND FAN WORK: I WAS GAMENIG ON MY OLD 11 YEAR OLD WINDOWS 10 {PERSNAL COMPUTER} AND RANDOM IT DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT THE PC ON RUNINGI TURN OFF AND TURN ON THE DISPLAY BUT NOUGHTING HAPPENS AND AFTER I TURN OFF AND ON PC AND THE LOCK SCREEN SHOWS THAT THE {{{{ TYPE A1B2C3 }}}} then i entre...
  4. MY PC {WINDOWS-10} DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFETER A TIME BUT THE LIGHTS AND FAN WORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...: Hello. I've been having this issue for since approximately May 2022. I will try to keep this concise but informative.My issue: Sometimes, seemingly at random, when I put my PC to go to sleep, it would pretend to do so and turn off displays, but all of the fans will remain on,...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop PC - Sleep mode sometimes does not work, display turns off but fans...: Hello. I've been having this issue for since approximately May 2022. I will try to keep this concise but informative.My issue: Sometimes, seemingly at random, when I put my PC to go to sleep, it would pretend to do so and turn off displays, but all of the fans will remain on,...
  7. Sleep mode on Desktop PC not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode on Desktop PC not work: Hi, Since last update win 10 3 days ago, hibernation has not worked on my pc. Only the monitor turns off, the PC continues to run. No running programs in the background. Please help me or create fix Management Engine Interface drivers for system. Thanks. [ATTACH] My PC...
  8. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  9. Desktop PC Sometimes Difficult To Get Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC Sometimes Difficult To Get Into Sleep Mode: My 8 year old Acer Aspire desktop was on Windows 7, but the pc was slow and 7 corrupted. I decided to let a knowledgeable friend install a new SSD and a new install of 10. I'm really happy with everything and the new SSD has transformed the speed of the pc. There's one...
  10. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...