Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I allow my W10 PC to remain asleep more than about 2 hours, pressing a keyboard key will no longer wake it back up like it will after it sleeps for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RetiredEngineer, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long

If I allow my W10 PC to remain asleep more than about 2 hours, pressing a keyboard key will no longer wake it back up like it will after it sleeps for a shorter time. None of the many other tricks I've tried will wake it back up.

What I have to do is turn OFF the power strip, wait a short time, turn the power strip back ON, and then press the Start switch on my CPU case. Only then does Windows 10 start back up, just as if I had performed a perfectly normal Shutdown/Restart cycle.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? How can it be diagnosed? Is there a fix for it?

:)

RetiredEngineer, Mar 20, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long

1. Windows 10 Desktop PC Won't Wake-Up If Asleep Too Long - Similar Threads - Desktop Won't Wake

2. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  3. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  4. Windows 10 won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake up: I've been having an issue for the past month or so where Windows 10 won't wake after I have left my pc overnight. I click on the keyboard or mouse and it doesn't wake it up. Instead I have to push the power button to turn it off and then turn it on again. This is a problem...
  5. PC won't wake up Windows 10 after first sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't wake up Windows 10 after first sleep.: PC automatically goes to sleep as I have set it - 2 hours. However it won't wake up the first time with the mouse. I have to press power key twice. After this first time; it wakes up correctly on the mouse. Any ideas please?...
  6. PC won't wake up properly

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up properly: I'm currently running Windows 10 v1909. I'm regularly having a problem where the screen will turn off and then won't come back on in response to key presses or mouse clicks. Pushing the power button also has no effect. I have to force the PC to shutdown by holding down the...
  7. My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep

My pc takes too long or doesnt wake up after it goes to sleep: Hello Microsoft Community. I bought my computer with windows 7 home edition. It was working fine. It doesn't have any problem at all. Since the update or migration to windows 10 demand by Microsoft. My PC is starting to have few issues. First is the sleeping problem......
  8. Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!: Hi, my PC (win10-1909) takes between 15 and 20 seconds to wake up after sitting idle for a while. I have to hit the space bar several times until something happens. My wife's PC, same win10 version, wakes up after about 2 seconds. Any advice where to start looking? Thanks, Ed...
  9. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...
  10. PC won't wake up: Intermittent problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't wake up: Intermittent problem: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow This afternoon, I was not...