Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly. However whenever I try to re-enter the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ET5920, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ET5920 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly.

However whenever I try to re-enter the personalisation section in the settings, it does the clicking animation and then stops, I can hover over other settings tabs but cannot open them.

Screenshot below Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening 719fb4d6-91ae-4acc-afc0-f216f43b5588?upload=true.png Also, whenever I right click on the desktop and click on personalise, it opens the setings app but the blue screen with the white cog stays there and doesn't change.

Does anybody have a fix, I'd be really grateful.

:)

ET5920, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Can't personalise Mail on Windows 10

Hi Michelle,

I suggest you to change the color in personalize settings on Windows Mail app and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open Windows Mail app.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Personalization and do the necessary changes and see if this helps.

If the issue still persists, try the below and check.

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

1. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening - Similar Threads - Desktop personalisation opening

2. personalisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalisation: I want to enable dark mode permantley, how would i do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation/bed1b332-6a0a-4948-b072-28a081faa862
  3. Desktop personalisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop personalisation: [ATTACH] Hi, Can someone help me find the search and time widgets shown in the pic? I looked around but couldn't find the exact widgets. Thanks, https://preview.redd.it/wwnojmldjr461.png?width=2000&format=png&auto=webp&s=563ece69e514ee75509e8061b5f665420f0874ce...
  4. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

Random function as used by Desktop personalisation: Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or...
  5. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  6. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

in Windows 10 Support
    Random function as used by Desktop personalisation: Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or...
  7. Personalised desktop shortcuts won't work on Windows 10

Personalised desktop shortcuts won't work on Windows 10: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to create some shortcuts on my desktop e.g CTRL + ALT + G = Google. However when I clicked 'Ok' the shortcut doesn't work. The shortcut only seems to work when I have this menu open see image below. Anyone know...
  8. windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop

windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop: windows 10 pro, 1903 so everytime i click on the theme (personalise ---> theme) it crashes, close the setting and back to desktop same as reddit member post at https://www.reddit.com/r/softwaregore/comments/bld6il/help_can_any_one_help_me_when_ever_i_try_to/ any idea how...
  9. Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening: When I'm opening Windows settings it opens, as normal, but when I open Personalisation setting my Settings window completly freezes. Idk what to do. I can close Settings, but I can't change my background....
  10. Personalise lock screen in Windows 10

Personalise lock screen in Windows 10: How can I keep my chosen picture on the sign in/lock screen in Windows 10? I have changed it dozens of times and despite the preview showing the picture I have selected, when I turn the laptop off it has always reverted back to the MS default picture when I next turn it on....