Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop refresh

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop refresh in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, when I press a key on my keyboard while I'm not using a program, my entire desktop and taskbar turn solid yellow, leaving only my cursor, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoyneGregg, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop refresh

Hey, when I press a key on my keyboard while I'm not using a program, my entire desktop and taskbar turn solid yellow, leaving only my cursor, and refresh my theme color is yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

BoyneGregg, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2020
  3. mlh457 Win User
    No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

I just reset/refreshed windows 10 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applicaitons would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed
    and the list of desktop programs is not on the desktop.

mlh457, Oct 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 desktop refresh

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop refresh

1. Windows 10 desktop refresh - Similar Threads - desktop refresh

2. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  3. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  4. Desktop Refresh option not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Refresh option not working in Windows 11: [IMG]It can be frustrating if the desktop refresh option is not working in Windows 11. This feature is essential, at times, for keeping your desktop up to date with the latest changes. All you need to do is select the option from the right-click context menu or press F5, and...
  5. My desktop application icons are continuously blinking refreshing

My desktop application icons are continuously blinking refreshing: My desktop application icons installed in the software are continuously blinking refreshing. I have captured a video but I don't know how to send it to you....
  6. My desktop application icons are continuously blinking refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop application icons are continuously blinking refreshing: My desktop application icons installed in the software are continuously blinking refreshing. I have captured a video but I don't know how to send it to you....
  7. File downloaded to desktop won't appear except refresh windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File downloaded to desktop won't appear except refresh windows explorer: Actually, this happens when I am downloading a .exe file or .zip file currently, only these two file types have this problem; I have tested other types, like .rar or .pdf, and don't have this problem.When these two types of files are downloaded to the desktop, they won't...
  8. File downloaded to desktop won't appear except refresh windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File downloaded to desktop won't appear except refresh windows explorer: Actually, this happens when I am downloading a .exe file or .zip file currently, only these two file types have this problem; I have tested other types, like .rar or .pdf, and don't have this problem.When these two types of files are downloaded to the desktop, they won't...
  9. File downloaded to desktop won't appear except refresh windows explorer

10. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...