Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The last update in July 2020, my screensaver was gone, so I fixed it to come back up. But now my mouse can't wake it up, I have to hit Ctrl & Esc tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebraReynolds, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver

The last update in July 2020, my screensaver was gone, so I fixed it to come back up. But now my mouse can't wake it up, I have to hit Ctrl & Esc tabs to get me out of the screensaver... I want to use my mouse to get back to the main screen, I don't want to have to push tabs.

TIA!

:)

DebraReynolds, Jul 23, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver :)

terrace, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver

1. Windows 10 desktop, ScreenSaver - Similar Threads - desktop ScreenSaver

2. When I restart my Windows 11 HP Desktop PC, it turns the screensaver off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my Windows 11 HP Desktop PC, it turns the screensaver off: I have a Windows 11 desktop computer that I got from HP earlier this year. I also have an HP laptop currently running Windows 10 that I got 5ish years ago that does not have this issue. Most of the time, if I restart or shut down my computer, when it loads again, the...
  3. When I restart my Windows 11 HP Desktop PC, it turns the screensaver off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restart my Windows 11 HP Desktop PC, it turns the screensaver off: I have a Windows 11 desktop computer that I got from HP earlier this year. I also have an HP laptop currently running Windows 10 that I got 5ish years ago that does not have this issue. Most of the time, if I restart or shut down my computer, when it loads again, the...
  4. Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...: I’ve just started my computer so there may be other issues that I haven’t seen yet. So far it’s just minor inconveniences but this has never happened before so I’m not sure if this is like a virus or something bad. Has anyone else had this happen? submitted by...
  5. can I get a secure desktop calendar with clock from microsoft to be used as screensaver?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I get a secure desktop calendar with clock from microsoft to be used as screensaver?: can I get a secure desktop calendar with clock from microsoft to be used as screensaver? It should be professional type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-a-secure-desktop-calendar-with-clock/b7a3fee1-5b99-43c5-9ef3-2536e0111f42
  6. Desktop and screensaver photos

Desktop and screensaver photos: I used to get a friendly note every morning telling me where the photo was taken and what it represented. This has now stopped. How can I get the facility back? Also can I get different changing photos every day for BOTH desktop and screensaver or just for the desktop? I am...
  7. how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop

how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop: how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-wallpaper-or-screensaver-on/33471cd4-a3f7-4636-8ebb-25e7564c26d8
  8. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In: Hi all, I have only recently converted to W10, and am having a very hard time getting the hang of it. This is kind of a trivial problem, but very annoying to me, because it's the first thing I see in the morning. I lead a super exciting life, I know. I have a gorgeous...
  9. Screensaver on Windows desktop, where are the photos taken ?

Screensaver on Windows desktop, where are the photos taken ?: I would like to know in a simple fashion, how i find out the location of the photos taken for my desktop screensaver. The equivalent one at my work tells you onscreen !...
  10. Moved my mouse the exact moment my screensaver came on. Now one third of my desktop is locked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved my mouse the exact moment my screensaver came on. Now one third of my desktop is locked.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/farosch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5dy6/moved_my_mouse_the_exact_moment_my_screensaver/