Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I have a laptop and desktop PC both running windows 10. I've had to reinstall windows 10 on the desktop. Now when I add a short cut on one PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin The Gerbil, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off

Hi!

I have a laptop and desktop PC both running windows 10.

I've had to reinstall windows 10 on the desktop.

Now when I add a short cut on one PC it appears on the other.

I am logged into both PCs using my Microsoft User

I've turned "sync settings" off under settings / accounts and "Remove cloud backup of personal settings" under device settings for both PCs.

Can you please tell me how do I turn off this synchronisation of shortcuts as it's setting up shortcuts to apps that don't exist on one of the PCs and it's bloomin' annoying!?

Thanks

Kevin

:)

Kevin The Gerbil, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off

1. Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off - Similar Threads - desktop shortcuts synchronising

2. Windows transparency not turning off even though i flipped the switch in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows transparency not turning off even though i flipped the switch in the...: I don't understand why? I didn't even turn it on to begin with. It started a couple days ago and its was just such an annoyance that i had to google it what was happening. So.. flipped the switch restarted the computer and its still doing it. How do i turn this off when its...
  3. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  4. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  5. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop synchronisation between two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop synchronisation between two computers: i had a user with windows 7 pro desktop and had a widows 7 pro laptop we have to keep windows 7 until we have a new system end of the year . Laptop and desktop was in sync i.e. desktops and files basic word/excel documents Laptop has gone faulty setup a surface 3 laptop...
  7. Desktop synchronisation between two computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop synchronisation between two computers: i had a user with windows 7 pro desktop and had a widows 7 pro laptop we have to keep windows 7 until we have a new system end of the year . Laptop and desktop was in sync i.e. desktops and files basic word/excel documents Laptop has gone faulty setup a surface 3 laptop...
  8. How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: Virtual Desktops on Windows 10 are widely used by people to group and decentralize their computer deskwork. The application allows you to run more than one desktop interface on a single computer, for you to be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time on a single...
  9. Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?: It is so annoying that I have to use my mouse to switch between workspaces on windows. Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to it? submitted by /u/da_semicolon [link] [comments]...
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop syncing of desktop icons between laptop and desktop computer?

2. windows 10 synchronize desktop between pcs

3. desktop shgortcuts dont sync

4. stop syncing windows shortcuts between pcs,
  5. windows 10 stop synch of desktop shortcuts,
  6. windows 10 syncing desktop shortcuts,
  7. windows 10 stop desktop shortcut syncing,
  8. windows 10 desktop shortcuts sync