Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon, A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Surfertm, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Surfertm Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Good afternoon,

A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11.

I have Windows 10. When I changed my Default Browser from IE11 to Edge some of my Desktop Shortcuts changed from site specific shortcuts to globes. I changed my Default Browser back to IE11.

Presently I can't change some of the Desktop Shortcuts from globes back to site specific shortcuts.

If I change my Default Browser to Edge I want my Desktop Shortcuts to be site specific and not all look like globes or the same.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

:)

Surfertm, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

1. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Desktop Shortcuts

2. The desktop / taskbar does not load, Windows shortcuts do not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The desktop / taskbar does not load, Windows shortcuts do not work: One of the computers in my office has been playing. I was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the taskbar. After starting in safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then it could not launch anything in the following hours. Yesterday I restarted the...
  3. Half my desktop shortcuts are dim, CMD, Restore, and Reset are all nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Half my desktop shortcuts are dim, CMD, Restore, and Reset are all nonfunctional: Hope someone can help me. Half my shortcuts on my desktop are dim but mostly are accessible. Some are just short cuts to folders and they work. Others are short cuts to programs and they seem ok too. Tried to install Windows 10 updates and it crashed and it reverted...
  4. Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts: I have lost all the shortcuts on my desktop. I still have the shortcuts along the bottom edge of the screen but I don't see shortcut in the opening window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/6415999d-e9c6-4439-bd85-aeb164834759
  5. How to stop desktop shortcuts for apps and files from syncing across two computers

How to stop desktop shortcuts for apps and files from syncing across two computers: Split from this thread. I disagree. I just got a Surface Pro and the desktop is synced with the one on me office PC. I don't want it to. How can I make it stop??? For instance, I want different shortcuts on the surface than on the desktop, but if I add or delete...
  6. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  7. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized: Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a recent Windows update. I search the properties of the icon and there isn't any control offered. How do I control this...
  8. My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons: I ran PictureEcho and PhotoStick today and something changed my desktop from shortcuts to row after row of those icons that you click to open a photo. I don't know how to restore it...
  9. Moving apps from start menu makes them appear smaller inside of their desktop shortcut icon

Moving apps from start menu makes them appear smaller inside of their desktop shortcut icon: [ATTACH]The only way I have found to get certain apps to create desktop icons, without having to dig through file explorers to find the launch them, is to drag them from the start menu. This causes all of these app icons to appear smaller inside the regular sized icon. The...
  10. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted: It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came back. It has never stopped, I have tried to hide it in another folder, change the name or deleting the folder it was in. For some...