Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roy W Myers, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether the disk is full."Is there a fix for this? I have done a sfc scan and all system files are fine.

:)

Roy W Myers, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Rule-R Win User

Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

1. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcuts

2. How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...: How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the Gmail icon? I created the shortcut but it defaulted to the Edge icon. When Gmail is pinned to my taskbar, the Gmail icon appears same for Ravelry pin vs. shortcut. Minor vexation here as...
  3. How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the...: How do I create a desktop shortcut for Gmail in Edge on Windows 11 that actually uses the Gmail icon? I created the shortcut but it defaulted to the Edge icon. When Gmail is pinned to my taskbar, the Gmail icon appears same for Ravelry pin vs. shortcut. Minor vexation here as...
  4. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  5. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  6. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  7. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  8. Why'd all my desktop shortcuts disapear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why'd all my desktop shortcuts disapear: I just got back home and all of my desktop shortcuts except for a few of them had disappeared I don't understand why I need help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whyd-all-my-desktop-shortcuts-disapear/5abf6f5c-f58d-4eed-96bc-6c84d4aa40d0
  9. Why'd all my desktop shortcuts disapear

Why'd all my desktop shortcuts disapear: I just got back home and all of my desktop shortcuts except for a few of them had disappeared I don't understand why I need help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whyd-all-my-desktop-shortcuts-disapear/5abf6f5c-f58d-4eed-96bc-6c84d4aa40d0
  10. Why'd all my desktop shortcuts disapear

in Windows 10 Customization