Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop now shows thumbnail previews for .pdf .psd .png filetypes making it very difficult to tell which is which. Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartyEigner, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes

My Windows 10 desktop now shows thumbnail previews for .pdf .psd .png filetypes making it very difficult to tell which is which. Is it possible to restore icons for filetypes like .pdf so you can tell the difference from an image file or is this the standard now?

:)

MartyEigner, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes

How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

Hello dismas, *Smile

This would be from the taskbar threshold limit to show a list instead of thumbnails. You can change the threshold limit using the tutorial below to increase it. Setting it to "0" (zero) will always show thumbnails.

Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes

1. Windows 10 Desktop showing thumbnails for all filetypes - Similar Threads - Desktop showing thumbnails

2. Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.: The desktop thumbnails do not appear when I click on the task view button or perform a three-finger swipe up on the trackpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-desktop-thumbnail-not-showing/e16788fa-8ae2-49b4-b1ba-c7345123d4a8
  3. Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task view desktop thumbnail not showing.: The desktop thumbnails do not appear when I click on the task view button or perform a three-finger swipe up on the trackpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-desktop-thumbnail-not-showing/e16788fa-8ae2-49b4-b1ba-c7345123d4a8
  4. PDF Thumbnails are not showing in Windows-10 Desktop and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Thumbnails are not showing in Windows-10 Desktop and File Explorer: Hi All,I'm facing no thumbnail preview problem for PDF Files since very long time, a screen shot is enclosed with this post. I have tried Adobe Reader Enable Preview Option, Disk Cleanup for Thumbnail option, Reinstalled the Windows, Folder Option Display file icon on...
  5. thumbnails not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    thumbnails not showing in windows 10: after a recent update, I have seen that picture thumbnails are not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-not-showing-in-windows-10/a3a6aaec-6a9c-469c-894c-c66be04cfbd0
  6. Windows 10 not showing thumbnails

Windows 10 not showing thumbnails: I have had this problem on and off for some time. Windows 10 will not show thumbnails. It generates them and as you watch they turn back to icons. I have cleared the thumbnail cache including doing this via the CMD line to be sure. I have reset the options to default...
  7. Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing: I have two identical versions of W10 running on two machines. On one I see thumbnails of my photographs. On the other I see the 'mountain image' I have compared the settings on the two - they are as far as I can see both the same - and spent about three hours with this...
  8. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10: basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as...
  9. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...