Windows 10: Windows 10 - desktop shutting off

Discus and support Windows 10 - desktop shutting off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop has shut off on it's own twice now - first time no warning - second time a quick message saying "System Service Exception" I want tech help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bookkeeping4SmallBusiness, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - desktop shutting off

My desktop has shut off on it's own twice now - first time no warning - second time a quick message saying "System Service Exception" I want tech help to see what has cause this

:)

Bookkeeping4SmallBusiness, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 - desktop shutting off

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - desktop shutting off

1. Windows 10 - desktop shutting off - Similar Threads - desktop shutting off

2. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  3. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  4. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 keeps shutting off

Windows 10 keeps shutting off: Hi, I’ve been playing Cold War on my pc for a while and recently it’s been shutting off my pc mid game and I just turn it back on and it does it again after like 5 minutes. What’s wierd is my pc isn’t overheating because I had only been playing for about 30 minutes. And after...
  6. Windows 10 keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps shutting off: Hi, I’ve been playing Cold War on my pc for a while and recently it’s been shutting off my pc mid game and I just turn it back on and it does it again after like 5 minutes. What’s wierd is my pc isn’t overheating because I had only been playing for about 30 minutes. And after...
  7. Windows 10 keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. shut off

shut off: my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-off/bafae3bd-f80b-4a13-8f16-97771df5c1cb
  9. shut off window 10 automatic updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shut off window 10 automatic updates.: I am so royally pissed at MS because they have become so intrusive and controlling with W10 edition. I have everything off in my update settings and yet it still does not allow me to pick and choose which updates I want installed and when I want them installed. We're not damn...
  10. Shutting off?????

Shutting off?????: My Windows 10 laptop keeps shutting off. And this has been happening for a few days now. But i just assumed my battery was dead. But for once i looked at it and it was on 76%. Which doesnt make sense, so i tried looking up the problem but I don’t want to mess up my laptop...