Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed emergency update this morning. Computer is stuck.. keeping restarting. So tired of MS bs! Any suggestions ither then buy Apple? Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taz-ster, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Taz-ster Win User

WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE

I installed emergency update this morning. Computer is stuck.. keeping restarting. So tired of MS bs! Any suggestions ither then buy Apple? Help!

:)

Taz-ster, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

My desktop won't restart windows after latest update Jan2018

Hi Max,

It is possible that you're desktop won't start after the update due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by
    Ganesh K R
    and AnthonyJose on these threads below about troubleshooting Windows 10 won't boot after update:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 15, 2020
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 15, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE - Similar Threads - DESKTOP STUCK RESTART

2. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  3. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  4. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After Update Restart , Desktop not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update Restart , Desktop not loading: Desktop is not loading and refreshing again and again ,just able to open Edge which is on desktop but no other app .I can't open settings also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-restart-desktop-not-loading/4072d107-ebcf-4914-a5c3-98cbd0bab669
  6. Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update

Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell XPS 8920 desktop running Windows 10 Pro. Windows said I needed to restart to update to the latest update this morning. Pressed restart it started and after 20 minutes it never never completed, with the arrow cursor showing, and blue activity circle apparently...
  7. Windows 10 update stuck on restarting

Windows 10 update stuck on restarting: I’m on mobile right now so I apologize for the formatting I’ll correct when I can get my computer actually up and running again… I just got a update for windows 10 and was notified of it and rather than put it off until in the evening when I want to go to bed like as I...
  8. Stuck on restart after updating windows.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on restart after updating windows.: hello, I am using windows 10, dell xps 15 here. I received a notification letting me know I needed to restart my laptop to finish an update, so I did and it kept restarting for a long time..I tried everything, hard boot and it would shut off, or at least the screen would go...
  9. Computer stuck in restarting after update

Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in restart loop after update: I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says restarting and the cycle repeats...