Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by balleballe, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

Hi,
    on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no response (they would not highlight as usual when you hover over them). No programs would open and hovering over the taskbar would show the loading circle.
    I tried to restore through the boot menu but there were no restore points so I did a clean install keeping my files in place and this stiil has not solved it.
    I am not getting any error messages but i cannot use the laptop whatsoever!
    Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you

:)

balleballe, Aug 27, 2016

2. Toshiba Satellite C55 Freezes/Unresponsive

Hello,

Just today I installed windows 10 to my laptop and after getting home from work I opened it and it at first was unresponsive on my desktop and then turned black a minute later. I tried all the usual steps to see if it was just slowly running, but it was
    unresponsive. I tried a hard reset but all it did was load up to the screen where I login to the laptop but freeze there and then turn black. The time would still change but my mouse, keys, etc did not do anything. I really need my laptop to work since I just
    started school and if I could even find a way to set it back 24 hours before I installed 10 would be helpful. At this point 10 is unappealing until the all clear is given.

AndrewAllen_92_, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at Pre-login Background Screen

Hi,

I am using windows 10 Home, some times when try to start My laptop it get stuck at Pr-login Background screen, keyboard
    unresponsive, cursor is active its moving here & there but click anywhere doesn't works.

I had to restart my laptop multiple times, some time it get work in 2nd time but some times after restating 5-6 times restarting issue is still there.

Kindly Suggest to resolve the issue.

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC***

IT Dheeraj, Aug 27, 2016
  4. BBarb Win User

Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

I have a similar problem and don't know what to do either.
    It works if I log in using Admin.
    I don't have any system restore dates either. I did manage to make a date (following some rather complicated instructions from google) and the system restore did start and did take the usual ages and ages to complete. Then on next log in it sent a message saying system restore had failed and nothing had changed.
    I haven't dared try a full clean install like you, as I did that before on my old computer and lost a lot of 'favourites'.
    No help I'm afraid, but you aren't alone here. I've had more trouble with windows 10 than I ever had with any of the others.

BBarb, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

1. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login - Similar Threads - desktop unresponsive login

2. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  3. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  4. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop: Just starting this morning I haven't been able to use my computer due to unresponsiveness!!! The computer will boot up just fine but logging in it will be much slower than usual and when reaching the desktop screen the true issue comes up. The screen looks fine and mouse...
  6. unresponsive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    unresponsive desktop: So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to my desktop, but when I try to save something directly to my desktop i get a pop up saying that it doesn't exist? even my cmd...
  7. Windows is unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is unresponsive after login: Some time ago after a windows update, windows started to act weird after the login screen. The screen gets the accent color I configured and sometimes the windows bar starts blinking. If I open the task manager I see there's some windows process running in the background,...
  8. Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness: Good day ! I have a work computer for purely accounting purposes that's why I rule out a virus, as the only "other" thing I do on it is YouTube. About 1 of the 2 power-ups is "problematic", which means that I wait a long time after entering the password about 30...
  9. Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32: Hey all, I've been running windows 10 on my Toshiba satellite i3 core laptop successfully for about a month or two until a week ago when I went to print something it all of a sudden became super unresponsive. No programs would open, shut, terminate, including taskmgr....
  10. Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crashes after login in Windows 10: Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I could not find a similar thread. I received the notice that the windows 10 update was available for a windows 7 laptop we have. The install appeared to go fine, it did not give me any error messages on this. However now that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop after login unresponsive