Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop widget

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop widget in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to add desktop widget in windows 10 like android widget? I was in need of showing countdown of a event somedays latter. I wanted it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abir Mohammad Turza, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 desktop widget

Is it possible to add desktop widget in windows 10 like android widget?

I was in need of showing countdown of a event somedays latter. I wanted it to be always in front of my eyes. I easily found it on my android But I found none for windows 10. So I was thinking of making a javafx app and add it to the startups. But it would be like another software and I will be able to close it any time. Is it possible to make interactive widgets for windows desktop?

:)

Abir Mohammad Turza, Oct 27, 2019

2. Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

How do you suggest to add widgets/gadgets from Win7 on Windows 10?
    I found many solutions, but what is the better one?

Siegfriedm, Oct 27, 2019
  3. jemgem Win User
    Widgets and Gadgets?

yes, you can get the windows 7 widgets back.
    see this:
    Desktop gadgets and sidebar for Windows 10

you will have only the basic pack, any other widgets you will have to google them.

that said... the gadgets were never a great system, and used a bit too much memory for my liking.
    you may want to have a look at rainmeter "skins" - all sorts of little widgets, offering a fantastic way to personalise your desktop

jemgem, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 desktop widget

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop widget

1. Windows 10 desktop widget - Similar Threads - desktop widget

2. My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...: Help please, idk what to do. The original adapter was an Asus adapter, and the new one is a Netgear that also doesn't work. Should I scrap my desktop for parts?...
  3. My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...: Help please, idk what to do. The original adapter was an Asus adapter, and the new one is a Netgear that also doesn't work. Should I scrap my desktop for parts?...
  4. Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?: Hi Community,I'm trying to create a widget or something like sticky notes on my Windows 11 desktop because i would like to see my notes from Google Keep everytime i see my desktop. I know there is something similar with Microsoft application Sticky Notes and i would like to...
  5. Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?

Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?: Hi Community,I'm trying to create a widget or something like sticky notes on my Windows 11 desktop because i would like to see my notes from Google Keep everytime i see my desktop. I know there is something similar with Microsoft application Sticky Notes and i would like to...
  6. REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...: It has become oh so clear that Microsoft no longer cares about the user of its OS! I mean with everything else this new generation has screwed up with Windows, now they taking away the ability to choose the widgets we want on our desktop? WHY!?To force us to have to either...
  7. REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...

REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...: It has become oh so clear that Microsoft no longer cares about the user of its OS! I mean with everything else this new generation has screwed up with Windows, now they taking away the ability to choose the widgets we want on our desktop? WHY!?To force us to have to either...
  8. can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11: Updated from 10 to 11 & I miss my clock & calendar widgets on desktop. Can I get them to desktop in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-the-clock-calendar-widgets-from-10-to/6faddb6f-0107-43cc-895d-47a4a7c76362
  9. can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11

can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11: Updated from 10 to 11 & I miss my clock & calendar widgets on desktop. Can I get them to desktop in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-the-clock-calendar-widgets-from-10-to/6faddb6f-0107-43cc-895d-47a4a7c76362
  10. Clicking on "show desktop" widgets and other programs disappear from the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on "show desktop" widgets and other programs disappear from the desktop: Yo uso Windows 10 y el problema que tengo es que cuando hago clic en la esquina inferior derecha, que ejecuta la función mostrar escritorio, algunos programas que están en el escritorio desaparecen y solo reaparecen cuando se abre algo más en Windows por ejemplo, el inicio...