Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/swDev3db [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swDev3db, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug

/u/swDev3db, Jul 28, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug

1. Windows 10 Desktop Windows Manager crashes due to DirectX bug - Similar Threads - Desktop Manager crashes

2. Desktop Windows Manager Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager Crash: Hello,Until recently, I've been having many computer crashes due to what I thought was an issue with my GPU black screen due to a livekernelevent 141 issue. I've since resolved that, however, now I've been having issues with desktop windows manager randomly crashing with the...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager Crash: Hello,Until recently, I've been having many computer crashes due to what I thought was an issue with my GPU black screen due to a livekernelevent 141 issue. I've since resolved that, however, now I've been having issues with desktop windows manager randomly crashing with the...
  4. BUG dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager: Due to performance issues related to Microsoft Edge, which remains open in the background even after closing and consumes over 1GB of RAM when is not in use, I found that disabling and turning off the following settings:*Startup boost *Continue running background extensions...
  5. BUG dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager

BUG dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager: Due to performance issues related to Microsoft Edge, which remains open in the background even after closing and consumes over 1GB of RAM when is not in use, I found that disabling and turning off the following settings:*Startup boost *Continue running background extensions...
  6. Desktop Window Manager Crashing

Desktop Window Manager Crashing: So my desktop window manager has started to crash recently, since 28/09/22, which causes the whole display to freeze. There appears to be no pattern that I can see in regards to what causes these crashes - will happen if PC is at load or is not at load. The display will...
  7. Desktop Window Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Crashing: So my desktop window manager has started to crash recently, since 28/09/22, which causes the whole display to freeze. There appears to be no pattern that I can see in regards to what causes these crashes - will happen if PC is at load or is not at load. The display will...
  8. Desktop Window Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Desktop Window Manager - dwm.exe Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager - dwm.exe Crash: My Lenovo Carbon X1 laptop seems to have caught a strange issue and the frequency is frustrating me. No app or hardware changes have been made, however, in the last month or so, the number of the times the dwm.exe crashes has significantly increased. Now they are almost every...
  10. 10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 sound cards crashed due to Windows Update bug: Hi, during the recent Windows 10 updates, the sound drive crashed due to bugs and no sound recognition. I have a complaint against Microsoft and I have no money to repair the sound card...