Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was recently (two weeks ago) gifted a SkyTech Legacy Mini gaming PC. I got an Acer SB220Q bi HD monitor to use with it. I tried the HDMI cable I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by whoareyou221, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?

I was recently (two weeks ago) gifted a SkyTech Legacy Mini gaming PC. I got an Acer SB220Q bi HD monitor to use with it.

I tried the HDMI cable I bought separately on the HDMI port in my laptop, plugged in the monitor, and within seconds, it displayed my laptop's lock screen - no issues. So evidently both the cord and the monitor work fine.

When I plug the monitor into my desktop PC, however, using the same HDMI cable, all I get is a "No Signal" message, and seconds later, the monitor goes to sleep.

I tried connecting it via the VGA cable that came with the monitor, and setting the monitor to VGA input. And the exact same thing happens. "No Signal," and it goes to sleep.

I have updated every driver on this computer - ensured many times over that everything is turned on and connected properly - tried unplugging and plugging back in - tried rebooting - spent two hours on the phone with tech support - nothing.

Tried returning the monitor and getting a replacement. Same exact thing happened with the second monitor: worked fine on the laptop, won't work at all with the desktop PC.

I have no idea what else to try. Help?

(For reference, these are some of the desktop specs:

Window 10 64 bit

Ryzen 7 1700 8-Core 3.0 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB

The laptop also runs Windows 10 64 bit, although its processor is an Intel i7, and the graphics card in it isn't even remotely as robust as the one in the desktop.)

:)

whoareyou221, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 22, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?

1. Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will? - Similar Threads - Desktop Won't Recognize

2. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  3. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second monitor not recognized Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not recognized Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor. Both monitors contain the same view only.Sense monitor, also Jetpoint monitor.Detect does not detect. restart, reinstall drivers accomplishes...sadly...nothing....
  6. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  7. my laptop won't recognize a third monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop won't recognize a third monitor: it shows 2/3 then 4, then underneath is 1.How do i get it to show all three external monitors?Something is wrong with this laptop, though i've updated all the drivers.What do I do now?...
  8. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

New Laptop not recognizing old monitor: 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."...
  9. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  10. Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 won't recognize VGA monitor: I have connected my new HP / Windows 10 laptop up to my VGA monitor (which worked with my last laptop under Windows 7). The monitor is not recognized by anything under the Control Panel or Windows + P or display preferences or anything I try. Now I am connected via an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont detect new monitor

2. windows 10 not recognizing new monitor

3. windows 10 wont recognize new monitor