Windows 10: windows 10 desktop

Discus and support windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a few days now, when I turn on my PC, several blank windows pop up and close within a second or two. The windows are square and about the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RitaCavanagh, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

1. windows 10 desktop

For a few days now, when I turn on my PC, several blank windows pop up and close within a second or two. The windows are square and about the size of the sign-in box for hotmail. There are about 10 or 20 altogether. As they disappear quickly, they don't seem to affect performance. I'm curious as to what is happening.

:)

RitaCavanagh, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:22 PM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

Thema:

windows 10 desktop

1. windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows: I have two PCs. The default Administrator account on A was able to connect to the default Administrator account on B via Remote Desktop. Later, the default Administrator account was turned into a Microsoft account and it was still able to connect from A to the Administrator...
  3. how do i change desktop icon windows 10 android

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change desktop icon windows 10 android: how do i change desktop icon for weather windows 10 android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-desktop-icon-windows-10-android/61e48540-d6db-4c6a-bfd0-348601f6d10c
  4. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...
  5. Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop: exactly as subject says, I have tried deleting files that could be malicious and screening for malware, even disabling lots of programs and deleting others that could be sketchy. Link to windows performance recorder on dropbox,...
  6. Make image change time <1 minute on desktop slide show?

Make image change time <1 minute on desktop slide show?: I have set up a desktop wallpaper slide show. However, it seems to me that things have changed from past setups in that the least time for each image to show has changed from 10 sec to 1 minute. Is there anyway to get the images to change faster than within one minute? 140592
  7. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  8. Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder

Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder: On the day of writing this, I havent been able to copy/cut and paste or save files or folders on my desktop and in the documents folder. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] The same happens with TeraCopy if I do the same operation inside the documents folder. I'm sure its not...
  9. Icon on desktop

Icon on desktop: My Recycle bin icon has changed to folded paper icon. I have tried to reset the icon through the Themes settings but that did not work. Microsoft "advisors" can only suggest the unsuccessful route I have taken. Help please...
  10. Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10: I have a personal Onedrive folder mapped to my main desktop, that way I can access files from anywhere. If I create a second desktop in W10, can I map to a different folder...say my work desktop that's mapped to a folder Onedrive for Business folder....