Windows 10: Windows 10 destroyed my pc

Discus and support Windows 10 destroyed my pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10 has been good to from the start to the latest updates. First it wouldn't let me use my keyboard anymore, and yes it works on any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pettergulbra, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Windows 10 destroyed my pc

Hi

Windows 10 has been good to from the start to the latest updates. First it wouldn't let me use my keyboard anymore, and yes it works on any other computer I have.
    From yesterday until to day, it won't start anymore.

Windows 7, here I come again.
    It is an old computer, about 7 years. But as them claimed, it should work on old computer to. This is really annoing. ...

Kindly a Winfan that is a little bit disappointed.....

:)

pettergulbra, Mar 15, 2016

2. If Microsoft wants the world to change over to Windows 10, why don't they read the problems here and fix UPDATE?

windows 10 pro destroyed all four of my pcs. Stay with windows 7 pro people. It updates itself at will and either corrupts or destroys all of your settings. Microsoft--fix this problem. Huge mistake to go to Windows 10

dianavanderlip, Mar 15, 2016
  3. After windows update my computer harddrive is destroyed

Original Title: Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop.

My laptop is not even a year old and did a random update yesterday with windows 10. My computers hard drive is destroyed. Thanks Microsoft. Costing me money every minute I'm out of a pc. I use it for business. Don't use windows 10.

JasonIverson11, Mar 15, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 destroyed my pc

Hi Peter
    What will not start any more ? Computer ? W10 ? Keyboard ?
    If KB, wired or wireless, did you try another port or plugging it in after windows start ?
    If W10 would not start did you check disk for errors or bad sectors ?

CountMike, Mar 15, 2016
  5. The computer would not start (windows). Just locked up with circle circling around..
    The KB is wireless, tried in all the ports, does not work at all on that computer/windows anymore. But works everywhere else.
    It don`t work in bios either, so could be the KB. But think it is strange that it woks on all other. (Logitech MK510?)
    Tried to connect it before and after, tried to remove it from devices. Nothing helps, even tried to download the "drivers" from Logitech.

I have tried that, when it then booted up, I can`t get any network (cable).

I really think this Win version is not good for old computers, can`t blame them. But they should change there advertisement.

6. Windows 10 didn't destroy anything. You just didn't finish the process. You didn't check to see if USB drivers were missing, or if they needed to be reinstalled. Same with the wireless keyboard drivers, if needed.

Assuming your install activated, back up your data, do a clean install of Windows 10 (what most of us have done already), and then load your system drivers that are missing. Problem solved.

DeaconFrost, Mar 15, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    If wireless (or any other KB) doesn't work in BIOS than it's not fault of OS (any OS).
    If anything doesn't work in OS (any OS) than it's problem with drivers.

CountMike, Mar 15, 2016
  8. Windows 10 destroyed my pc

That's what I have done, used the update. Then reinstalled clean. It has gone 2-3 months, then the KB stoped working, and then the hangup. And after using the rescue part the network did not work anymore.

I see that the KB most likely is garbage, so that is out of the problem list.

But either way, it should not be this kind of problem with something that should be better than the old.
    If it is an update, then MS have done something wrong.

But thanks for your comment's, and helpout. Sorry it did not help this time.
    Maybe I'll try on another computer sometime.

Don't have to much time to hassle with this now, it has to work so 7 it is.

Thanks

9. Wynona Win User
    From your original post, it seems to me that you're using Windows 10 Insider Preview, and you must now be on Build 14279. Since you didn't elaborate, I can only guess. That's what I'm using and it's far from perfect at this moment! *Sad

What you did tell us is that you don't have time to mess with a Preview that doesn't work 100%, so I'm in agreement with you, Petter. However, I wouldn't quite go back to Windows 7 . . . I'd use the Media Creation Tool which should install the "November Update" or RTM version of Windows 10. Especially since you say Windows 10 has been good thus far.

Since you've already had Windows 10 on your machine, you won't have to reinstall Windows 7; just use the Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows 10 to the RTM version.

You can get the tool here: Windows 10

Wynona, Mar 15, 2016
  10. It seems I'm going to try 10 again.
    7 can't find any updates. Going for a clean install of 10, made with creation tool.
    Hopes it works this time..

PS: never used preview version Windows 10 destroyed my pc :)

11. Wynona Win User
    Ah, so if you've never used the Preview (Insider) version of Windows 10 and it's been more than 30 days since you upgraded from Windows 7, you can't go back to Windows 7. *Sad Which is a bummer when something like this happens.

Get a new keyboard first. *Smile

Wynona, Mar 15, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Wireless Keyboards also need the Legacy USB setting enabled in the bios, since some will not work if that is off. Also some wireless keyboards will not work at all in the Bios, because the mfg never thinks about that with the hardware for the receiver and the keyboard.

This is why I stick with a wired keyboard, along with the fact that a wired keyboard cannot be sniffed by someone looking for a wireless keyboard signal.

bro67, Mar 15, 2016
  13. Windows 10 destroyed my pc

The KB is now in the garbage Windows 10 destroyed my pc :)

It seems like I got the network back again with the new install. Just have to wait for all updates to be installed.

Thanks again for the help guys Windows 10 destroyed my pc :)

I will go for wire KB and mouse next time.

Petter

14. Wynona Win User
    I can't remember how many years I've used wireless keyboards and mice. I don't remember ever having to use a Legacy USB setting with my keyboard or mouse. They just work.

A small history of USB:

USB was invented and developed by Ajay Bhatt at Intel in 1996. Version 1.0 wasn't all that great, had bugs and ran at 12 Mbps. The release of USB 1.1 took care of the bugs and was a bit better with two speeds: 1.5 Mbps or 12 Mbps; still rather slow in today's world.

Then in April 2000, along came "high speed" USB 2.0! Rated at 40 times faster than USB 1.1, it runs at 480 Mbps or 57 megabytes per second. Using the same cables and hardware as USB 1.1, USB 2.0 maintains backwards compatibility with older devices. IOW, a USB 1.1 keyboard or mouse should work with USB 2.0. If you want, you can even plug a USB 2.0 device into a USB 1.1 hub and it most likely will work.

The newest standard is USB 3.0, which runs at 400 megabytes per second while still maintaining backward compatibility with older 2.0 and 1.1 devices. Now, if you want the full speed of USB 3.0, you'll have to have a USB 3.0 device and a USB 3.0 cable to connect to your USB 3.0 capable computer.

So, at this point, there's no reason to worry about a wireless keyboard not working with USB any.version. That is unless you might have a really, really, really old wireless keyboard that will only work with USB 1.0.

Wynona, Mar 15, 2016
  15. Thanks for the info about USB.
    That gave me even more good feelings for throwing it away. It had to be destroyed. Windows 10 destroyed my pc :)

Thema:

Windows 10 destroyed my pc

1. Windows 10 destroyed my pc - Similar Threads - destroyed

2. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  3. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  5. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????: Hi,I never asked for this.I does not show up as an App I can delete.I see several posts about "disabling" and removing from Taskbar.I do not want to disable or hide it - I want to delete it remove its code from my hard drive.I got rid of Cortana and I want to be rid of...
  8. How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????

How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????: Hi,I never asked for this.I does not show up as an App I can delete.I see several posts about "disabling" and removing from Taskbar.I do not want to disable or hide it - I want to delete it remove its code from my hard drive.I got rid of Cortana and I want to be rid of...
  9. Windows 11 factory reset problem - computer destroyed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 factory reset problem - computer destroyed: My computer is currently destroyed because I tried to factory reset Windows 11. I get a blue screen with a ridiculous sideways emoji informing me that my device "ran into a problem and needs to restart" It tells me the issue is due to mfehidk.sys "kmode exception not handled"...
  10. Windows 11 factory reset problem - computer destroyed

Windows 11 factory reset problem - computer destroyed: My computer is currently destroyed because I tried to factory reset Windows 11. I get a blue screen with a ridiculous sideways emoji informing me that my device "ran into a problem and needs to restart" It tells me the issue is due to mfehidk.sys "kmode exception not handled"...